Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I saw a Maybach today!

Options
  • 01-05-2004 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

9.jpg

...and it was in Carrick-on-Suir! Just passing through naturally :)

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

was it fugly in the flesh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Too be honest I did'nt get the chance to have a good look, what struck me was how black it was (EU related business I suspect)! Completely impractical vehicle mind you, if two ever met on a country lane they'd be f*cked! :D

Mike.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by mike65
    ...(EU related business I suspect)! Completely impractical vehicle mind you...

Since when were state cars ever practical.. :rolleyes:

Nothing but gas guzzlers and excessive expense generators.. :mad:

Did it have an irish reg?

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

yeah that was me, just went out to laugh at some peasants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

I'd buy one myself, but seeing as you seen one, now they're just too common for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

doesnt louis walsh have one of those? and is he not from the west (mayo i think)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

You know, I seen a black Maybach about a month ago in Waterford too. It had a UK reg, it's most likely the same one. It was ridiculously big, and was been very badly driven!

Originally posted by robbie1876
    You know, I seen a black Maybach about a month ago in Waterford too. It had a UK reg, it's most likely the same one. It was ridiculously big, and was been very badly driven!

Carrick is in South Tipp (thank gawd!) but close enough, maybe its owned by Lord Waterford who has his gaff in Curraghmore, Portlaw...

Mike.

Originally posted by bop1977
    doesnt louis walsh have one of those? and is he not from the west (mayo i think)?

I think he's got a Bentley Continental GT, I cancelled my order when I heard he got one. I'm surprised he didn't get a Maybach though, he could fit a few more closets in there to hide in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Funnily enough, Ronan got a Bentley very shortly after Louis did! mwuhahahah....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti
    I think he's got a Bentley Continental GT, I cancelled my order when I heard he got one. I'm surprised he didn't get a Maybach though, he could fit a few more closets in there to hide in.

Yeah, I heard that Louis had a Bentley alright. Doesn't that Simon whathisname from the English pop idol have a maybach or was ordering one. Seem to remember him being interviewed on Top Gear a while back .

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

A crashed Maybach.

Not much damageMaybach

Originally posted by redabbey
    A crashed Maybach.

Not much damageMaybach

The car in question and I bet it'll cost thousands to replace the wing!

5maybach_20040420_001.jpg

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

maybach are savage but really really dear

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Expensive alright, a set of mats is around 1,000 eurons, bonnet about 3k even simple things like the bonnet star are about 300 iirc. It's been a while since I looked at the price list I'll check it tomorrow for more accurate prices if you like... I was in one of Manchester Utds head mens maybach I forget his name but he was in the news at the time... They are bringing out a smaller wheelbase Maybach for the wife too, or so I hear.

Not much emphasis on the Maybach anymore tis all about the SLR these days which isn't.

^ :rolleyes: ^

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Jees let a man brag in peace... Mind you that post made more sence last night...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭positron

There was a Continental GT (black/dark grey) behind me this morning, on merrion road; it went towards Stephens Green area. The rich kid behind the wheel was reading something with his foot on the throttle of a 550 bhp engine! Well, am sure he wouldn’t have any trouble replacing my humble bangor if he had to!

Advertisement