Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help......... plz

Options
  • 01-05-2004 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me plz

I installed the game propely no problems but then when i click on the icon the dark screen comes on as if the game is starting when suddenly a Xp Error windows pops up saying prblem with Bfvietnam.exe
    aw.JPG

Help please and thanks :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

try the usual reinstall. check your graphics card drivers and if they don't work try adding: "-restart 1" to the shortcut path. it skips the challenge everything bit so might work. if none of that works give us a shout again

cheers

art

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

well i reinstalled it 2 times and to no avail

But i dunno how to use the "-restart 1" where do i put it !? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

just when i got thinking bout it again, i don't think that'll do ya much good. do you have bf1942 by any chance?
    or what graphics card are ya running/drivers?
    r ya having problems with any other games?

fx5200 thats my gfx but installed the latest drivers so im sorted i hope in that department

And i have no problems with other games ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

what does it say when you click on "see what error code this report contains"?

the reason i ask because if its a "back-up" you can receive this message and then there is a typical error code associated with it due to the protection placed on EA games iirc.

edit: its not this error is it? ~df394b.tmp

• Advertisement

well this might help Data
    aw2.JPG

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

sorry mate i have no ideas, any joy looking for known issues?

nope not so far anyways ! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

this sort of problem may be related to your refresh rate settings, vietnams default is 60 so if your is different it may cause a corruption. Also, if you are overclocking with Nvidia cards without fans to keep the gpu cool it will cause major problems. plus ive found you cant overclock nvidia cards with nvidia drivers when playing most games, omegacorner is the way to go.

yeah it was a refresh rate fix i had on my pc only found that out by luck but what will i do now with tfc and dod my rate will be like 60fps all the time
    :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement