Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigs in The Village

Options
  • 01-05-2004 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

Whats the deal with the village ending gigs at 10.30. I bought tickets to the wildhearts arrived in to see them at 9.35, they were already on stage and finished at 10.30. Tickets were like 20euro and the sound isnt great in the Village its either too low or else make your ears bleed. I was at the Ocean Colour Scene gig awhile back aswell and the bouncers were kicking people out just for jumping around abit, this was ridiculous the place was jammed it was as if they had let too many people in and some poor unfortunates were kicked out cos of it. Anyway thats enough of my semi bitter rant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Not a big fan of The Village I have to say.
    After the Turn gig there they kicked everyone out the back door and then charged about a tenner to get back in the front, even though we had our tickets.
    Wasn't too impressed with that....:dunno:
    Nothing amazing sound-wise either.
    xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

tis ****e alright and alot of other local venues seem to be doing starting this earlier curfew thing aswell, temple bar music centre for one. tis anoying that people dont get to gigs earlier anyway but tis stupid having curfew so early. as for the kickin out after packed gigs, tis really **** but they know theyre gonna pack the place again and would probably say ya dont get to hang around the olympia sfx etc bla bla after a gig. Soundwise and stagewise though I haveta say im a fan of the venue.

www.beautifullosers.info

Advertisement