Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So whats going on?

• 01-05-2004 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

So what do ye think is going on at United? There has to be something going on big time!!!

3 loses in a row?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I watched the premiership and whoever was commentating the match said they were probably concentrating on the FA Cup final. But a final against Millwall is not exactly a big ask for a club like Utd so to answer your question I agree with John Giles and say that I think something is going on there. I mean that whole press conference thing during the week with Keane and Horseface - what was all that about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That whole 'concentrating on the Cup Final' excuse is a load of bollocks. The final is three weeks away, and Blackburn are not exactly a tough act to beat. Something's definitely up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Is it possible those irish guys are on their way in and fergie is on his way out?

That could lead to a lot of players wanting out and leaking stories about their interest in other clubs

It would also explain the **** play, as we know how players play when they know that the manager is going next year?

I hope its not the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Obviously Fergie is history at the end of this season. The Celtic manager O Neill will be brought in. I reckon there is going to be a major shake out at Man Utd also, this season was terrible for them !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by thejollyrodger
    Obviously Fergie is history at the end of this season.
    It doesn't seem that obvious to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    It doesn't seem that obvious to me.

Nah me either

He will probably have one more season at ****ing it up :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'd very surprised if everything is still status quo at Man Utd by next September. The constant peel of rumours around Man Utd at the moment suggest something is up, whether its RVN / Keane / Fergie departing or something else altogether is unclear, being a PLC means that any big changes to the club that might affect it negatively really have to be kept under wraps.

United have been punching below their weight for a while now, the core of the team is continuing to age and presently it doesn't look like getting stronger... so there may well be a shake-up coming. Fergie's behaviour does seem to be becoming increasingly erratic. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Yea, they are under preforming, to say that Fergie is defo leaving might be a bit far. As kaids says I dont think everything will be as it is come start of next season. Hopefully fergie will stay, for me he is still the best manager in football, he needs a good assistant coach alongside him. With a few additions to the squad and a few sales and alot less big news stories, I can see the team challenging for the league and champions league properly next season. The FA cup isn't good enough for united, hopefully the team has enough pride & spirit to bounch back next season.
    Can see players like O'shea,Ronaldo, Saha & Kleberson having better seasons next season when they take their season into account. Will be a very interesting summer tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i think the fact arsenal have won the title is a major factor too. utd have nothing to motivate them, the league's over and although people say there's a battle for 2nd spot, utd couldnt care less.

although it may seem like a disappointing season, it will be a relief for the players and fans to finish the season on a high by winning the fa cup. had we finished empty handed like we did a few years ago it would have been a disappointing season, at least the fa cup is a nice consolation.

but this club is not in crises, i believe giggs will leave in the summer, as for keane i think he'll stay another year and try to finish his utd career on a high. van nistelrooy is going nowhere, talk of him leaving is rubbish. barcelona are very unsporting by sparking rumours about van nistelrooy in particular. him leaving utd would be like henry leaving arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

FA Cup final is the only thing that will motivate these players and it won't take too much motivating to overcome Milwall who haven't won since the semi-final.

I just hope they let us (Villa) beat them on the last day so we can grab a uefa spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I reckon Ferguson is on his way to Chelsea and Morinho is going to United!!

Crazy but could explain alot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I reckon there is absolutely no way at all in any world in any universe whatsoever that Fergie would manage any other club than Man United, unless he was forced to leave Man United, but even then I doubt it.

He will became a chairman or something at Man United, as a backup in case the next coach ****s up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Im hoping Fergie is just resting his players since the league is finished. There is no difference between 2nd and 3rd too fergie, just look at the team he put out against Blackburn on saturday

Tim Howard
    Wes Brown
    Gary Neville
    Phil Neville
    John O'Shea
    Mikael Silvestre
    Nicky Butt
    Eric Djemba-Djemba
    Ryan Giggs
    Jose Kleberson
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

I wish he would just stick Giggs on the left for all games. The free role didnt work with Veron and its not working with Giggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ironically, those are all established internation players:

Tim Howard - the best keeper in the premiership :D
    Wes Brown - The next "man"
    Gary Neville - Supposedly one of the best right backs
    Phil Neville - Been playing incredibly well all season
    John O'Shea - The next big thing, albeit a terrible season
    Mikael Silvestre - Was deadly until Ferdinand got banned
    Nicky Butt - Still a good player
    Eric Djemba-Djemba - United supporters think alot of him
    Ryan Giggs - Need I say anythhing?
    Jose Kleberson - A world cup winner
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - savage striker

And they were ****. Confirms the problems, United sold two world class players in the summer and replaced them with ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Originally posted by RasTa
    There is no difference between 2nd and 3rd too fergie

Apart from that you have to come back for pre season weeks earlier, and in a year with a major international championship it leaves players with about 3 weeks of in the Summer. I think Fergie is still trying to get second (even though they will come third now after saturdays loss).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

if i got good odds on milwall i'd back them and im a united supporter!!! its crazy whats happening there at the moment!!! but if one thing was to come from this its that we stopped arsenals treble!!!:D

Advertisement