Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy cats

• 01-05-2004 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

This might sound really weird be it's true and I'd like to know if anyone elses pets have picked up strange habits.
    I have three cats and they know how to use the toilet, not the litter box the toilet in our downstairs john. It'd be great if they could learn how to flush too ;P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Did they learn this themselves or did u teach them?? See I've been sugesting we teach our cat to do this for AGES- he's taken to going to the loo at the crack of dawn and since he's my cat his litter box is in my room - not a nice smell to wake up to...at least the box has a lid and a door so its not too bad!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

One of our kitties, clay, does the following every damn day....cute for a while, then exhausting,.....

Opens closed doors (jumps an swings from the handle till it pulls down).
    Makes phone calls, our friends are sick of hearing mewow when they pick up, (he knocks the reciever off an hits speedial).
    Opens the fridge an takes what he wants.
    knocks any glass object that is on the edge of a shelf or counter to the floor (has to be glass).
    Turns on taps to play with the water.

an loads more.....

an still he wont learn to use the toilet? U R SOOOO LUCKY!!! ;)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Falkorre post a pic of him of when he's up to no good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 izzy

I think the oldest one, Frog, learned from example, my mum has this nasty habit of not closing the bathroom door and since Frog follow my mum around like love sick teen I guess he picked it up from here and the other two, Perdy and Sushi learned from him although Sushi is a tad confused so she uses the sink. She also sits and looks at the tap till someone turns it on cause she only drinks running water she's our little freak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭tk123

hey my kittie likes to follow peeps into the loo too!!! whats wit dat?!? And if you don't let him in he waits outside for u!:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

my cat wakes me ma up bye sitting on top off her and poking her until she wakes up and comes in when alarm clocks goes off for food and uder stands words like:

dinner- feeding time she thinks
    bath - im having a bath likes the steam clears her nose
    chicken - chicken!

and is a little feck er for bringing in birds etc Alive and wedges them under the diswaher door! she has brought in

3 - Racing pigeons!!!
    2 - black birds
    1 - field mice

its a pain when you have to clean the bird **** off the furniture etc
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

There's a cat that hangs around my garden a lot (not mine) and she likes to pretend she's driving. She'll wait for me to open the car door then hop in between the front seats and steady herself with one paw on the gearstick. She's done it a few times now and I've been trying to get a photo. Will post it when/if I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

My BUDGIE follows me into the bathroom!!! And when I bring him into the kitchen, he flies over to the sink and hops in and waits for me to turn the tap on so he can have a bath, its his favourite place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

the other night at about 4 in the morning my cat (daisy) came all the way upstairs and passed by about 15 more suitable places to take a dump in my bed while i was asleep.

she has a history of treating me the way one would a fire hydrant or something. she'll run through fields and fields of daisys and flowers to pee on my shoes.

we used to think that she had a bladder problem; now its clear that she just doesnt like me.

Advertisement