Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flying helicopter in battlefield 1942

Options
  • 01-05-2004 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

I should really post this in battlefield forum, anyway

How the hell do you fly a helicopter, i got my way around flying a Plane, shot 2 planes down, 3 crashed into me, so i knocked down 5 in total !!!!!! oh yeah ;)

as for helicopter, i press W i think, it lifts, then i use D and A to turn i think, at the same time i`m using the mouse aswell, And slowly the helicopter starts spinning around, like a crazy thing !
    Do i use the Directional keys ?

I found a link on this, saved it ( happy and all ) started reading it and i dont have a clue what hes talking about, cyclic rotations and what not ! its just a game ! a good game none the less.
    http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf1942/strategy/chopper/index.shtml

Also some guy in my college LAN was using a Joystick to fly it, ive a Joystick but its got a game port on it and my laptop only has a usb ports. Ne convertors ?

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

When you fly 'Up' just point the nose of the copter down, and you'll start to move farward. Point it up, and you'll move backwards. It's pretty accurate to a chopper's real physics.

So remember, look downwards to move farward, and try to keep steady when turning. You'll be grand after a bit of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Only thing you need to remember in a chopper, is your propulsion isnt forwards, its upwards, work from that and it isnt that hard to get used to with a bit of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Not to be smart, but theres no helicopters in Battlefield 1942.

Go to the BF Forum and do a search, theres plenty of threads about flying choppers in 1942 mods and Vietnam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Well, SORRRRRRRRRRRRRY ! MR.
    Desert combat then !

Anyway thanks everyone, i tried it today and i flew. Can control it well, but finisding it a bit hard to keep target on sight. Thanks !

Now, just need a joystick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by Placebo
    Now, just need a joystick

Keyboard and mouse is better imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

But the joystick just looks so cool, wanna try it out anyway.

Advertisement