Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladies what is it with the eyebrows?!

• 02-05-2004 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

Well it's saturday night, and as a dedicated follower of... er nerdness, I've been talent-spotting on hotornot.com
    Now is it just me? or do those drawn-on-with-pencil-looking eyebrows really make a bad situation worse?
    Ok so nobody wants a uni-brow, but for the love of God know where to STOP.

Scrawny over-plucked eyebrows... 57 votes

I think it looks really sexy, who needs eyebrows anyway?
    0% 0 votes
    Yuck no, put the tweezers away before you hurt yourself.
    5% 3 votes
    Whatever, talk to the hand.
    94% 54 votes

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

i'm with you, its not the most attractive thing a lady can do to herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

yes... i agree.. they are crappy looking

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

agreed, if they are unable to pluck a reasonable amount off so that they look good but still contain actual hair, then they should be made to suffer with a uni-brow forever.. one thats so heavy their forhead weighs down their face.

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I think there's a two-for-one offer out there:

"Have your eyebrows plucked into permanent, terrified retreat, and you too can get a set of ten acrylic nails to scratch your rival's eyes out!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

i love pluckin my eyebrows, and i hate eyebrpws so it works well for me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lois gives me her shaven eyebrow clippings and I glue them on in supplement to my own, sadly I was not blessed with a hairy forehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I dunno, I kinda like the no-eyebrows/drawn-on look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

everything in moderation. plus it hurts like a truckin mutha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Waxing all the way baby. If the beauty therapist rips off too much, sue her ass, that's my motto.

I gots a good one.

Isn't it a funny world when you pay people to rip your hair out. In a way, I even enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well as long as they're not bushy, prominent eyebrows are sexy.
    Ooh, and what's with the girls that pluck em off and draw em back on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by peachypants
    everything in moderation. plus it hurts like a truckin mutha!
    Apply hot water first when removing any hair, it relaxes the skin / hair follicle.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Kold
    Well as long as they're not bushy, prominent eyebrows are sexy.
    Ooh, and what's with the girls that pluck em off and draw em back on?

Yup, I agree totally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I have no opinion, it's all about the personality underneath.

This might be funny, only I meant it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i like to shape my eyebrows and give them definition, but i wouldn't dream of plucking them off completely, i wouldn't be able to draw decent ones back on:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    I dunno, I kinda like the no-eyebrows/drawn-on look.
    Well goth chicks can get away with it, since it draws attention away from the rest of their freakish visage... one step closer to looking like a ghool ;)

I don't think there's a very fine line between a classy pluck-job and looking like something... not human.
    It's a pretty wide line, but like anorexics who think they're still too fat, some people just don't know where to stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Drawn on eyebrows = crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    I don't think there's a very fine line between a classy pluck-job and looking like something... not human.
    It's a pretty wide line, but like anorexics who think they're still too fat, some people just don't know where to stop.
    I think you hit the nail on the head there, there are some women who wanted a particular look and just went too far, and then theyre fucked becuse they dont want the half grown eyebrow stubble before they can pluck the shite out of that to get back to what they wanted in the first place...... basic rule of thumb for women ... if you use a pencil of any kind on your eyebrows ...you look like a knacker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Isn't it just knacker birds who do this? I've never seen a respectable girl with drawn-on eyebrows. It's usually just the skanky "howa yis". The brown sauce & curry eater type....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

dirrty.jpg

Truly the Queen of the Eyebrow Pencil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Originally posted by BigEejit
    basic rule of thumb for women ... if you use a pencil of any kind on your eyebrows ...you look like a knacker

eh i use a pencil on my eyebrows and i look far from a knacker.
    i just use it to define my fairly lightly coloured eyebrows a little. you cant even tell i use one

i think like with the fake tan there's a huge difference between looking good and guys not knowing the difference, and getting it all wrong and looking a state.

unfortunately i think 99.9% of females cant do the fake tan thing right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

eyebrows are pretty...stop pluckin em girls!!!!
    there was a girl in my class in school who used to pluck her eyebrows till there
    was like the smallest line.
    made her face look like the mcdonalds tradmark M....that and it mad her look like a fat head:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I had a dream the other night that somehow I lost all but a few stray eyebrow hairs. I have bushy eyebrows, so it looked very weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Originally posted by Seraphina
    eh i use a pencil on my eyebrows and i look far from a knacker.

Definitively speaking, who says you don't look like a knacker? Isn't more of a case of "I personally don't think I look like a knacker, therefore I don't"....all a question of perception really, if you think about it. Knackers don't actually think they are knackers, that's why it's so much fun to slag them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

Originally posted by MojoMaker
    Definitively speaking, who says you don't look like a knacker? Isn't more of a case of "I personally don't think I look like a knacker, therefore I don't"....all a question of perception really, if you think about it. Knackers don't actually think they are knackers, that's why it's so much fun to slag them :D

get a grip... even models use eye brow pencil.. goes to show what you know.. when you shape your brows, most women have to fill them in to define them.. plus, i'm presuming the poster is talking about women who virtually pluck/wax their brows off so they can then DRAW a line in.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

theres a girk at my skool with hers tatooed on...

it looks ****e...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

I'm mainly referring to the knackers who try to imitate the models by doing it...
    Models can do it with a bit of style, and it looks classy because they look the part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Lainey
    plus, i'm presuming the poster is talking about women who virtually pluck/wax their brows off so they can then DRAW a line in.. :rolleyes:
    Well yeah, but not even that much... that pic of Christina someone posted... her eyebrows don't look that horrendous but its possibly because she's had a professional do it and followed up with some good shading, added to the fact that she's pretty stunning anyway.
    On most girls I think the same DIY extreme-pluck job would look rotten.
    I've seen eyebrows plucked in a way that they point down too much... making the person look like they're constantly scowling... or too high, so there's a constant surprised expression... looks hilarious.

Also some people have more defined... hmm how can I describe it? Imagine you completely waxed your eyebrows off... you'd see a sort of pad area of skin where the hair used to be... you can tell that's the original hairline, it just looks so obvious and stupid imo.
    It really doesn't work for a lot of people...

Advertisement