Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to talk about comedians...

Options
  • 02-05-2004 1:03pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering, would the Humour board suit for threads about comedians??
    I know the place is 99.9% e-mail jokes and that, btu would it cover threads on your favorite comedians, or would after hours suit better?

I would suggest a new forum, but I dont think there would be enough stuff to talk about for a whole seperate forum, it might also take something away from the TV forum, or others...

Flogen
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

It can go in Arts -> TV/Theatre maybe, or After Hours

I don't recall many threads about comedians on boards apart from the "are black comedians funny" thread in After Hours and some other one in After Hours again.

You kinda answered your own quesiton in your post.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

oh, i know there isnt alot of stuff on it, but I wonder if humour would suit, or is that more for jokes rather than the people telling them...

After Hours would be good, but its the kind of place where posts disappear in seconds due to the huge amount of other posts.
    TV wouldnt always suit either, for obvious reasons.
    Theatre... hmm, never thought of that... but still... maybe not the best place either.

just wondering really,

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

/cry

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

flogen, this actually might be a viable idea or identify a gap in boards IMO, but I'm almost reluctant to admit the possibility since I just know it'll encourage you to post 3 forum suggestions a week for the next six months :dunno:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ecksor, I do that anyway, I dont need to be encouraged. :P

Are you saying theres a possibility for a forum? as has been said, there hasn't been alot of stuff about comedians before, besides a recent 'favorite comedian' thread in TV... but maybe a forum could change that... or even re-naming humour to Comedy or something like that...

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

If the need were there - it could be made a sub forum of humour

I reckon it would need some stiff rules, otherwise there would be loads of "what are you talkin about - he's shite" etc. If it could be something constructive with reviews, gig info, etc. I think it could work

Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Its quite a good idia, i will be going to see dylin morn myself (i dont have a clew how to spell his name) i saw him last time he was here aswell. - i wasent happy with the verity of drinks at the place but thats not his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,245 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'd definitely be in favour of this. Maybe it could be called "Standup" in order to differentiate it from Humour?

I've got tickets for Dylan Moran too! w00t!

Advertisement