Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Boro: Predicitons, scores

• 02-05-2004 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭

Liverpool go into this fixture on the back of a huge morale boosting win over ManYoo, and also with yesterday's fixtures going largely their way. 4th spot seems a little more acheivable now than it did a week ago.

Of course, this being Liverpool, I'm not filled with confidence for a win today. We're going to try some attacking football, and it looks like Vlad the Inhaler will be playing. Boro won't be a push-over by any means.

My prediction: Stevie Gerrard dragging them to a scrappy 2-1 win.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

0-0, or possibly 1-0, dont be daft liverpool wont score 2 goals in the same game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Boro seem to have donned thier slippers and smoking jackets since they reached Europe via the Tin Cup. Which means they'll proberly come out fighting...narrow win by pool.

http://icteesside.icnetwork.co.uk/boro/news/tm_objectid=14200901%26method=full%26siteid=50080%26headline=juno-woe-for-boro-name_page.html

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

3-0 to the pool with Kewell, Owen and Murphy scoring.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Good start to the match
    I'm going for a 2-0 win :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

0-0 HT.

Villa beat Spurs 1-0 to go 4th, the pressure is on Liverpool now to get the result!

• Advertisement

1-0 Murphy, penalty.

nice :)

Peno! Danny Murphy to take (again!,) he runs up...

....and he scores!!!!!! :D

"Danny MIlls is like the ugly sister in a panto - he gets booed everytime he gets the ball!"

Mike.

Poor Danny Mills is having a tough time of it out there from the Liverpool fans...

Heskey Shoots Heskey Scores! :)

Mike.

2-0. Hmmm, Heskey's useful for something then :dunno:

• Advertisement

Heh, right, I'll stop posting the scores then... :)

Originally posted by Sinecure
    Heh, right, I'll stop posting the scores then... :)

:eek: Do we have a ghost poster here?

Mike.

*cough*
    Originally posted by Jivin Turkey
    dont be daft liverpool wont score 2 goals in the same game.
    *cough*

Well, I guess there is a first time for everything :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

hold the front pages....

we're winning AGAIN?

AND scored TWO goal incl one from heskey?

/me scratches head

Well 3 points is what matters....but again they were slack once the second goal went in. I'd love to see a real barnstormer from them one day!

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

ya I know at this stage of the season 3 points is what matters but to me I'd rather good football from them.

It's a bit late for that now I know but maybe next season. I dont care if we loose playing well, we can be unlucky but loosing playing sht isn't on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Was a very good opening 70 minutes. Liverpool closed up shop afterwards but were good for their win.

Originally posted by Sinecure
    *cough*

*cough*

Well, I guess there is a first time for everything :(

Ah well delighted to be proved wrong by the pool. I had backed a 1-0 victory with either murph, gerrard, or kewell to score, didnt mind the old war horse kncoking in thesecond though to secure the points. A vital victory given villas result. I would be disgusted if they beat us to 4th (which they wont now!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I wouldn't be so sure. Villa are only one point behind Liverpool - who still have Birmingham (away) and Newcastle (home). Don't rule out Villa just yet.

Im not ruling villa out, I am taking there challenge quite seriously. They are showing some great potential. However liverpools away form is good. Also Birmingham wont be too keen to give their fierce rivals a favour. A depleted Newcastle will come to Anfield and Liverpool will shoot them down.

One thing in Villa favour though is the last day of the season. United will be resting players for the cup final, and Fergie would also love to see Villa finish 4th ahead of Liverpool. Liverpool and Newcastle against each other could potentially be a draw and hence Villa could nick it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Jivin Turkey
    One thing in Villa favour though is the last day of the season. United will be resting players for the cup final, and Fergie would also love to see Villa finish 4th ahead of Liverpool. Liverpool and Newcastle against each other could potentially be a draw and hence Villa could nick it.

Ferguson wont be resting ****, after loosing 3 games in a row he will be mad to win the final 2 or 3 games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

WTF would Ferguson rest players for a match against Millwall? He has been resting players ever since their CL campaign came to an end. Surely they are all rested up now and that they do us a favour by beating Villa and then a draw against Newcastle will suffice :)

Oh and thought the whole liverpool team played well today especially Owen (who never stopped running), Kewell (who looks interested once again), Risse and Carragher (in central defence).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

great result for the pool. hopefully we can continue this form for the rest of the season and claim fourth.

Owen and Murphy impressed for me today and fair play to heskey, he took his goal well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Good win. :)

And Heskey scored as well. Who'd have thunk it?!

Bring on Birmingham! <-- I'm actually really scared Liverpool won't win this match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

BORING BORING LIVERPOOL

Please let Villa get the last CL league spot! even Leicester wud do better in the CL next season!! Imagine it now!! Please beware Europe Heskey/Cheryou/Diouf are after you.......hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭red-not-blue

I see why us liverpool fans are annoyed but if we dont get fourth place then Gerrard and Owen may not be at Anfield next season and we will be worse off and we will still have Houllier to deal with. I guess it will be the lesse of two evils :(

R-N-B

Advertisement