Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bye Bye Leeds

• 02-05-2004 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought i'd be the first to say, bye bye Leeds.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Adios!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

4-1 sigh

One of the harshest lessons in modern day football :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

€10 at 16/1 to go down at the start of the season, happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Nice to see them go down. Theyre a dirty scum team. Viduka is a total tosser, he threw away any chance they had of winning today.

Bye Bye losers, hope you keep falling .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

It's been coming for a while................

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I'd just like to say to all you leeds fans from a devoted man utd fan from across the pennines, heart felt farewell hope u return soon!!!!NOT !!!!

nanananananananana hey hey goodbye.

Good flamin riddance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

How come nobody likes Leeds? I kinda feel sorry for them (although that's just cos my brother supports them, and I remember him running around the house celebrating when they stayed up last season)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Adios Leeds you deserve it, remember 9 years ago when Tony Yeboah took that dive to save you and relegate us. Justice is done at last, we're back in the big time and you're down in the new Coca Cola League Division 1 next season. Also it was great to see Alan Smith cry. Tosser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Originally posted by Exit
    How come nobody likes Leeds? I kinda feel sorry for them (although that's just cos my brother supports them, and I remember him running around the house celebrating when they stayed up last season)

United fans hate them as they constantly mocked the Munich Disaster. I'll shed no tears at their demise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

imo there will be a big clear out at leeds in the summer and theyll find it very hard to get back up next season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

I am delighted they are down. Sorry for the Irish lads there. I'd like to thank Ridsdale for a job well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Originally posted by paddyduff
    I am delighted they are down. Sorry for the Irish lads there. I'd like to thank Ridsdale for a job well done.
    yeah its never anything to do with the players:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm so happy they are down :)
    They are a bunch of scumbags and I can't wait to see them go bankrupt :)

Man United fan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    yeah its never anything to do with the players:rolleyes:

eh what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

/me waves bye bye leeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by paddyduff
    I am delighted they are down. Sorry for the Irish lads there.

McPhail and the younger lads in the ranks, yes.

Harte and especially Kelly, not a chance. Two over-payed, over-rated, lazy sh*tes. Good enough for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Scum are down...and good riddance to them...the players don't deserve to stay up...they showed no heart all season...and they're just scum anyway...

I hope they go bankrupt, it would mean no more Leeds ever...scum can rot in Div3 in 2 years.....SCUM ARE DOWN....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

while I am happy enough to see Leeds go down, some of the comments being posted in this thread are over the top. Just stick to discussing the team and its playing weaknesses lads, no need for any "scum" comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Not sorry to see the back of them - laziest most overpaid players ever. There is no way a squad with players like that should have been in that position.

Don't feel soory for their fans though, they are the lowest of the low and deserve everything coming - hope they fall the whole way to non-league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Delighted to see the team and fans back where they belong. Hopefully they will to a city and keep slipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Sorry to see them go , Leeds are a team that have been in top flight football throughout my memory of the game , but on the plus side Newcastle could get Smith .

Arsenal should have a crack at buying Paul Robinson , a class keeper now valued at only 2.5 million .

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Arsenal should have a crack at buying Paul Robinson , a class keeper now valued at only 2.5 million .

Isn't he on his way to Spurs.

When they tried to sign him in the transfer window, and loan him back to Leeds, they couldn't do that, on the day the transfer fell through David Pleat said Robinson was definitely signing for Spurs in the Summer.

Was I imagining this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

we didnt deserve to stay up we were rubbish all season but lds come on the "scumbag" comments are a bit harsh.

We wont go bankrupt, we will be back up in 2 years with a new and better squad of players who want to play for the team. Dont wory man yoo you havent seen the last of leeds utd!!!!!

Originally posted by Kingp35
    ...come on the "scumbag" comments are a bit harsh.

Maybe, but some of the fans are constantly referring to the Munich Disaster, every time the clubs meet. This is "scumbaggish" behaviour.

I mean, we all know the animosity that exists between Manchester United and Liverpool, but the United fans never stoop so low as to taunt the skausers about Hillsborough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

This is the final warning for this thread, discuss the team and their failings, no a small selection of morons that support them !!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Great to see the back end of them. I hope they rot into the Conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sorry to see them go down with the Irish players, leeds has been pretty good to Kelly and Harte and even McPhail this season.

I better stop posting in this thread...or I'll be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by irish1
    Sorry to see them go down with the Irish players, leeds has been pretty good to Kelly and Harte and even McPhail this season.
    You should be happy for McPhail tbh. At least he's guaranteed first team football. Lets hope Paul Keegan gets a chance now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by seansouth
    Isn't he on his way to Spurs.

When they tried to sign him in the transfer window, and loan him back to Leeds, they couldn't do that, on the day the transfer fell through David Pleat said Robinson was definitely signing for Spurs in the Summer.

Was I imagining this?

Yes but there have been reports since saying that the deal isnt certain .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

A big problem for Leeds next season will be that even if they have a mediocre/poor team, they'll still be seen as easily the biggest team in the division and the one opponents want to beat most. Every week they'll be playing a team who thinks its their "cup final".

Additionally Leeds could well be fielding a few players who just do not want to be there.

And if they go into administation any time after the last day of the season, they'll get 10 point deduction from Div 1. That would nearly guarantee relegation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

And if they go into administation any time after the last day of the season, they'll get 10 point deduction from Div 1. That would nearly guarantee relegation.

First of all they wont go into administration. The new board had already planned for if the team get relegated and now that plan has come into play to cut all costs and therefore administration is very very unlikely.

Yea they will be regarded as the biggest club i agree with that and rightly so. However each teams "cup final" will only happen at the start of the season as if leeds arent doing too well then they will no longer be regarded like this. I dont thnik they will come straight back up next season but i do think they will be up the following season.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Hooray! A Premiership without Leeds! Its like a summer without rain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭ALLGOOD

Its amazing how just a couple of scumbags (Viduka, Bowyer) can bring an entire club down, O leary had his part in it too (Defending Bowyer). Its a shame for the club and their fans - should have been contesting the premership by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by ALLGOOD
    Its amazing how just a couple of scumbags (Viduka, Bowyer) can bring an entire club down, O leary had his part in it too (Defending Bowyer). Its a shame for the club and their fans - should have been contesting the premership by now.

They were contesting it when O'Leary was manager, saw an interesting quote by O'Leary saying that leeds may have spent 120 million but recouped 90 million and never finished below 5th, got 3rd twice and 4th and 5th I think

• Advertisement

Its amazing how just a couple of scumbags (Viduka, Bowyer)

Eh explain to me what viduka has done?? If your talking about getting sent off against bolton then dont bother. Leeds' season is based on 38 games not 1 so no body can blame viduka for giving a bit of passion to the game. So he got sent off so what we didnt deserve to stay up. Dont be calling him a scumbag after just one game. The real leeds' fans know that he tried and to call him a scumbag is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

I am sad to see Leeds get relegated but now they will just have to think about getting up next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Who was it that scored the winer last year against arsenal in the last game of the season to basically hand united the title and secure leeds from relegation?

I never really had problems with Man utd supporters until I read some of the posts in this thread.

I'm sorry to see the team go down but it will allow the club to rebuild properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by seansouth
    Maybe, but some of the fans are constantly referring to the Munich Disaster, every time the clubs meet. This is "scumbaggish" behaviour.
    That song "always ...." was a Kop favourite before Hillsborough. The Kop stopped singing it and it was taken over by Leeds fans (notably) and some others .
    I mean, we all know the animosity that exists between Manchester United and Liverpool, but the United fans never stoop so low as to taunt the skausers about Hillsborough.
    Correct, nor do the Leeds fans strangely enough, given their fondness for that other song about MU . They should stop it, its boing at this stage.

Does anyone remember the Millwall song for Manchester and Leeds away fans and especially Geordies .

"Does the social know yer 'ere " ?

Roll on Cardiff and the FA cup final :D

M

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As a Leeds fan I'm genuinely amazed at the level of abuse being hurled at the club here. I've always known that there are some people that don't like them, but I'd always put that down to those people being around my own age who remember Don Revie's team and some of the (ahem) over-exuberance displayed by the likes of Giles, Bremner, Hunter and co. But I suspect that most of the people posting here are a lot younger than that and some mightn't even remember the last time Leeds were relegated, so I can't understand their anger. It's going to be tough to get back to the Premiership and it may even take 4 or 5 years, but unfortunately that's ultimately what happens when you have a chairman who is just a fan with delusions of grandeur, as Ridsdale was.

The club you support is all down to one simple choice - do you want to take the easy option and be a sheep, becoming part of the flock who support a big team from the north west of England? Or do you want to experience the pain, passion, anger and occasional ecstasy that goes with supporting a team that doesn't wear red?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I'm sorry to see leeds go, my mother has been supporting them all her life, she was thrilled to see them win the first division in 89/90 and then 2 years later to win the league 91/92 was a major achievment that put a lot of leeds fans on a high for many years to follow...

the charity shield was the last silverware they won...its a pity how a club can slide like that with all the money the had to work with

Advertisement