Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team of the Season

• 02-05-2004 4:15pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Well, we all know what the official team of the season was, but whats yours?

Mine:
    ...........................Antti Niemi............................

Jlloyd Samuel ... Kolo Toure ... Jonathan Woodgate ... Ashley Cole

................Patrick Vieira ... Steven Gerrard ................

Steed Malbranque ......... Frank Lampard ............ Robert Pires

...........................Thierry Henry..........................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Can't get much better than that IMO. Although I would have a hard decision to make between Malbranque and Wright-Phillips but the former would probably have won out. He's a class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

.................................................T.Sorensen.......................................

..............N.Hunt...............Terry..................K.Cunningham..........Bridge.......

.............J.J Okocha.........Lampard.................Gerrard..................Pires........

............................ ..........T.Henry...............J.P Angel...........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'd go with kaids team except for the defence and goalie. My back 5 would be:

Taylor

Samuel
    Cunningham
    Terry
    Bridge

Cunningham has made rapid improvement in the last 1 or 2 seasons. He couldn't make the Ireland team for the World Cup and when Stan eventually retired people weren't happy with the Breen-Cunningham partnership. He has totally changed this season. At the start of the season Birmingham had about 8 clean sheets in 10 matches (?) with Cunningham in the team and as soon as he was unavailable the back four couldn't hold. He has been one of the most consistant centre half's this season. Soutgate, Toure and Woodgate have all performed very well this season but I have to be a bit biased and stick Cunningham in :) although thats not saying he doesn't deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Sorensen

---Delaney
    Terry
    Campbell
    Bridge

--Okocha
    Lampard
    Gerrard
    Pires

Henry
    Forsell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Howard

Samuel
    Terry
    Cunningham
    Bridge---

Lampard
    Keane
    Viera

Duff

Henry
    Saha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Samuel is a left back is he not? And sorensen has been awful imo, yet loads of people have him!

Mine based on performances in the premiership this season:

Howard

Gallas
    Terry
    Toure
    Bridge
    Malbranque
    Lampard
    Gerrard
    Pires----

Henry
    Shearer

I know Gallas is not a right back, but he can play there and deserves a spot in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Taylor

Carragher
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    Cole
    ----Philips
    Lampard
    Gerrard
    Pires----

Henry
    Shearer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

Given

Carr
    Cunningham
    O'Brien
    O'Shea

S. Reid
    Holland
    Keane
    Duff

Morrison
    Keane

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Niemi
    Lauren Campbell Terry Bridge

Okacha Lampard Vieriea Pieres

Henry Shearer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Green

Edworthy
    Mackay
    Fleming
    Drury---

Cooper
    Francis
    Holt

Huckerby

Svennsson
    McKenzie

subs
    Roberts
    Crichton
    Mulryne
    McVeigh
    Crouch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Kiely

Volz
    Toure
    Terry
    Cole

Gerrard
    Lampard
    Viera
    Pires

Henry
    Forsell

Subs:
    Niemi
    Samuel
    Cunningham
    Speed
    Shearer

Manager: Wenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Cunningham has made rapid improvement in the last 1 or 2 seasons. He couldn't make the Ireland team for the World Cup and when Stan eventually retired people weren't happy with the Breen-Cunningham partnership. He has totally changed this season. At the start of the season Birmingham had about 8 clean sheets in 10 matches (?) with Cunningham in the team and as soon as he was unavailable the back four couldn't hold. He has been one of the most consistant centre half's this season. Soutgate, Toure and Woodgate have all performed very well this season but I have to be a bit biased and stick Cunningham in :) although thats not saying he doesn't deserve it.

True, Saw Cunningham against Arsenal, made two mistakes (which he got away with) but otherwise flawlessly marshalled Birminghams all out defence who spent 90 minutes under pressure.

Wouldn't say he'd out Terry or Toure this season but he's top 5 Centre half this season easily. If only he were 5 years younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sorensen

---Samuel
    Terry
    Campbell
    Bridge----

Duff
    Lampard
    Gerrard
    Pires

Henry
    Angel

Manager:

David O'Leary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Cunningham has made rapid improvement in the last 1 or 2 seasons.

Cunningham has been Mr. Consistency for years and years... i dont think he has made a rapid improvement as such, it just people havent noticed him.. only because he is ireland's best defender - people take note.

Some people may not know he was irish player of the year 1998

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Sorensen

---Toure
    Terry
    Ferdinand
    Bridge----

---Wright-Phillips----Lampard
    Rae
    Duff

Henry
    Saha

Subs:
    Forsell, Taylor(GK), Campbell, Malbronque, Viera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

.................................................Given.....................................................

........Gallas................Terry..........................Campbell.............Toure.......

.........Pires................Gerrard........................Lampard..............Duffman..

................................................Henry..........Saha....................................

this team, also known as "Chelsea 2005" would kick some serious arse.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

.................................................Given.....................................................

........Gallas................Terry..........................Toure.............Bridge.......

.........Malbranque...........Gerrard.............................Lampard..............Pires..

................................................Henry..........Smith....................................

Subs:Sorenson,Angel,Cunnigham,Duff,Viera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Kiely

---Gallas
    Terry
    Toure
    Cole

--Lampard
    Vieira
    Gerrard
    Pires

Henry
    Forsell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by crowl

Howard

Samuel
    Terry
    Cunningham
    Bridge---

Lampard
    Keane
    Viera

Duff

Henry
    Saha

Similiar team except Niemi in goals , Toure intsead of cunnigham and Shearer instead of Saha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

smith up frount?!?!?

how many goals has he got this season! I wouldnt even put him on my best reserve team of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by VinnyL
    smith up frount?!?!?

how many goals has he got this season! I wouldnt even put him on my best reserve team of the season

Yeah was wondering the same thing. He is a decent player though, someone must be a Leeds supporter!

Advertisement