Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Of Heroes release date ?? ?

Options
  • 02-05-2004 4:22pm

I have just come across this game on Gamespot and it looks really good . I normally play freedom force which is a more cartoony version . Does anybody know what the release date for this game in Ireland or UK is ? Its already out in the US .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

i was wondering this too. I usually play Freedom Force too. Its cool i think but City of Heroes looks brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

a) You can purchase it off www.cityofheroes.com and download it (800 megs)
    b) it's an mmorpg, as in, online only, like dark age of camelot.
    c) I got it, and it is wickedly fun, but the servers are american, so make sure you have BB.
    d) I doubt it will ever be released in Europe, the onlien purchase option was specially for Europeans.

BTW, the unofficial EU server is Victory, should you purchase it.

I got the game thanks. I downloaded it in 4 hours , (Love BB) I have been playing it for a while and am pretty excited about it. I will pop onto Victory. now and give it a shot. I was on another server and i beat a gang of thugs but got a runtime error Oh Ohh . So i have to start again. Let me know if your on any time or what your name is .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

do u have to pay a monthly subscription fee for this game too?

Yeah you do . $14.99 a month . Its worth it if you like the game . I keep getting a C++ Runtime error tho .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I've a few friends in the States are playing this, and really seem to like it. I've not had a go myself, but it does look interesting.

Anyone know what specs are needed for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

I am very excited about this - my copy is on its way to me right now.

Minimum specs:

OS - Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP
    Processor – Intel Pentium® III 800 Mhz or AMD Athlon 800 Mhz minimum
    RAM - 256 MB minimum
    Available HDD Space - 2 GB minimum
    Video – minimum of GeForce 2 Series cards (GeForce Ti and MX series cards accepted as well as ATI Radeon 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700 and 9800 series cards)
    Audio - 16-bit Sound Card minimum
    Internet Connection – Broadband (Cable modem, DSL, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Hmm. One more reason to upgrade my machine I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

It looks amazing. But what does everybody think of this monthly subscription deal? I know the game's supposed to be incredible, a subscription? Ugghhh...

Is there anyway to try it out without a subscription? Or if you purchase it, do you get "1st month free" or anything?

What about if you ran your own server? Would you still have to pay a subscription then?

So many questions... :)

I said "subscription" a lot, didn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

*bump*

i'm just interested to see if people are still playing this, i've always wanted to try an mmog and i like the idea of this one.

Still good? Still recommend it? Works ok, no lag etc on broadband?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Whywontitwrok

Ye im very interested in this game too. I really wanted to try a MMORPG for the last while and this one seems like the one now i only have to wait for this crappy LC to be over and ill prolly pick it up!

Would like to know how ya are finding it after a few days/weeks tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I wouldn't recommend it, after about a week the super hero novelty wears off, and you're left realising that this game has no content, and the only thing to do is level grind.

That said, the expansion city of villains looks good, introduces pvp, so maybe i'll try it again then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hughobrien

Cina, you said you can buy it on the official website and download it, but where is the link on the site. At the side of the main page, there is the "buy" option, but this is just a link to shops online that will ship it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

you can still download it but you have to search their forums to find the link.
    check this thread i have explained how to get it

I am still playing it and the more you play it the more powers your superhero gets . There are lots of missions and they have now added on new parts to the city .It can get boring but what you need to do is get into a team and do more missions . It gets better the more you play then .

Advertisement