Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons Forum

Options
  • 02-05-2004 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Good evening your holy ones that is Devore, Cloud, and Regi and anyone else whom of which are in charge.

I which to start a campaign to have forum totally dedicated to The Simpsons. I think this would be a great venture as the simpsons is bigger than the television section and deserves its own forum. Everyone knows its the best cartoon to ever grace our screens we even have a simpsons skin boards so i'd like to set the wheels in motion to get this approved so please please think about jeebus oops sorry Devore.

Is Homer and the Simpsons worthy of their forum. You decide?? 13 votes

Yes The Simpsons Kick Butt
    0% 0 votes
    I Suppose It May Be A Good Idea
    15% 2 votes
    No Bad Idea
    0% 0 votes
    No I Cant Stand Homer And Those Yellow Prats
    84% 11 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

nice idea..... cant see it happening tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

nice idea..... cant see it happening tho..

Smithy its the best ever idea to grace the feedback forum since boards was setup its gotta happen The Simpsons are way of life for a generation.

The Simpsons doo doo doo dana nana.

Big Will

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I support the idea of this fourm, but then I understand the admin's problem. If you start a Simpsons fourm, then why not have a Futurama, Family Guy, King Of The Hill etc forum?

I think this fourm would generate enough traffic to validate creating it. But where do you put the cut-off line for new fourms?

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

If you start a Simpsons fourm, then why not have a Futurama, Family Guy, King Of The Hill etc forum?

The reason for creating The Simpsons forum is the greatest cartoon ever made the writers are the best, and the fact of the matter is that Futurama and Family Guy had their moments but dont compare to the genius that is The Simpsons.

Big Will

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

you want this now when the simpsons quality has declined so much? season 15 is the biggest pile of crap ever, tbh if there hasnt been one made by now then there's really no need for it.
    the web is awash with crap simpsons forums.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Simpsons forum would just descend into rants about how dreadful the series has been for the last few years. It'd just be turning its head nostalgically back towards the good old days, such as a favourite moments thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes, I can see it now!
    Nearly an entire board dedicated to Homerquote threads!!!

Maybe a few threads about "When will the madness end!?" or "GET THIS **** OFF THE TV ALREADY!"

Perhaps a thread asking if Smithers is really gay?

There could be a thread about the weekly guest-voice, to much groans.

On second thought, no.
    That would be a monumentally crap board.

The Simpsons is probably one of the worst things gracing TV at the moment. And yes, while many of us look back in fondness at past glories (Hell, I can usually be seen wearing my Homer T-Shirt) the bottom line is that it's just not funny anymore. And in my humble opinion, boards needs a simpsons board like a hole in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Well... It could be like a cage for stupids...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

do u really have a big willy? O_ó

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

this was discussed very recently iirc.

Anyway, I'm vetoing it just because I wasn't mentioned in the first post.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement