Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

í on a toshiba laptop

Options
  • 02-05-2004 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

like the subject says, i wanna know how to get the í on a toshiba laptop, i got áéúó no problem but nothing happens when i press í

i tried searching and found loads of good stuff, which works on this desktop, but still no joy on the laptop

its running winxp home

ps laptops suck!

1 there screens are dull
    2 the panal mouse thing is crap
    3 there so bloody slow
    4 all the buttons are doubling up to do other things
    5 doupt they can be upgraded

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Trying the usual:

Hold down CRTL and ALT and press i: í

Hold down ALT GR and press i: í

Hold down ALT and type 161: í (edit: you have to use the keypad for this one so you'll probably want numlock on and use the main keyboard rather than the top selection of numbers)

Anything doing on any of those?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

its not just toshiba's - i have an ibm laptop running xp pro and none of those methods get me that character either.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

silverside: make sure you're not using a US keyboard layout - that does not support the altgr+vowel shortcuts.
    As an aside: áéíóú <-- just typed that on my toshiba laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

But they all work except i :

áéóú

:confused:

Advertisement