Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Article] €9,000 to support Chris Doran in Eurovision

• 02-05-2004 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Ok, ok. It's nice for the town fathers to show their support and they do have it in their budget.. I hate to say also that it's not a lot of money but still, sending 8 people off at taxpayers expense?

Sorry, I hate myself sometimes for picking up on these little issues, but it's part of a wider malaise in the politicial system that we've seen this week where it's ok to waste other peoples money (Dempsey, Cullen - and it's not certain with e-voting that it will ever be introduced now)

http://www.munster-express.ie/news12.htm

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I dont get it, why must these people go to the show, and at our expense?

Tax payers money should only be spent on trips when they are political visits, but paying for them to go to a gig and have a nice weekend away... erm... no thanks.

I think the weeks events have shown just how useless the Irish gov. is with money, its no wonder we needed the EU to get us anywhere, and I have little doubt that we'll be back to the depression very soon if they dont learn to spend wisely.

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭jmcc

Well with the local elections coming up - you can always make the parasites pay by not voting for their re-election.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

God help 'em, the chap needed all the support he could get after all. Pity they couldn't have voted for him too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

He could have been helped for far less than that. How much does a bullet cost these days?

The sad fact is that paying for this culchie junket will most likely increase the popularity of these politicians in their little area, that is the way Irish politics has always worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by alleepally
    Sorry, I hate myself sometimes for picking up on these little issues, but
    Yeah, well you shouldn't criticise yourself at all because...
    it's part of a wider malaise in the politicial system that we've seen this week where it's ok to waste other peoples money

I've never been a fan of these fact-finding missions to major government centres like London, New York and Tahiti. This doesn't even qualify as part of that category.

• Advertisement
Advertisement