Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork - Not the Capital of Anything

• 02-05-2004 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Why do Cork People tell themselves that they are:

"Capital of the South" - Aaaaaaaaaah

and

"The Real Capital"

The truth is that the are (in my experience) generally demented hicks with an inferority complex towards their better brothers on the East Coast.

Anybody else got views on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I live there. It's the capital of scobes, therefore.. most of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

What year is Dublin going to be European city of culture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Originally posted by hate_sycophants
    The truth is that the are (in my experience) generally demented hicks with an inferority complex towards their better brothers on the East Coast.

oh yay!! now instead of the northside/southside debate we can have the dublin/cork debate.

more playground crap. and b4 u even start.....no im not from cork im from dublin but im not going to call them demented hicks. didnt your mother ever teach you if you've nothing nice to say dont say anything at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Bloody red-necked-muck-shoveling-sister-shagging hick's. Even if the Goverment made Cork the capital they wouldn't know what to do with it and they'd probably find something else to complain about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by sixpack's little hat
    What year is Dublin going to be European city of culture?
    It already was.

13 years ago.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Verdammt
    Bloody red-necked-muck-shoveling-sister-shagging hick's. Even if the Goverment made Cork the capital they wouldn't know what to do with it and they'd probably find something else to complain about.
    Whereas you use it as intended... Being a stuck up arrogant twat?

Originally posted by Kold
    Whereas you use it as intended... Being a stuck up arrogant twat?

I didn't mean it , just wanted to see how fast I could p!ss a cork man off. Alot faster than I thought.

I'm an English man. Don't you EEEVVVEEERRR make that mistake again :mad: :)

Originally posted by Kold
    I'm an English man. Don't you EEEVVVEEERRR make that mistake again :mad: :)

Even better , just give me a sec and I'll come up with some generic abuse for you too !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by seamus
    It already was.

13 years ago.

Haaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaa...

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Originally posted by seamus
    It already was.

13 years ago.

DOH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

inferority complex towards their better brothers on the East Coast.

Hmmmm, seems like you're the one with a complex to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hate_sycophants

Originally posted by Squall
    Hmmmm, seems like you're the one with a complex to me.

Not at all. I can think of nothing that would make me have a complex about Cork.

inferority complex towards their BETTER brothers on the East Coast.

Superiority anyone?

Superiority anyone?

Yes, superiority all the way. It's not a complex though. It's just the truth!

Oooh, saucer of milk at table 2 please .

Thank you for emphasising my point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Well I'm from Cork and I'm in college in Dublin and I really don't give a crap what you think about the place. Just like you shouldn't care what I think about where you come from. We say stuff like the real capital 'cos we're taking the piss....come on, do you really think we're being serious? You get this kind of banter in every country. It's all good.....bash Cork all you want, I'm a very proud Corkonian but even more so I'm a very proud Irish person.

Now play safe children.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

and why on earth did you want to start a thread on this!! didnt ur mum give u enough attention and hugs when you were young?

says it all really
    sad sad man!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ClareBear
    Well I'm from Cork and I'm in college in Dublin and I really don't give a crap what you think about the place. Just like you shouldn't care what I think about where you come from. We say stuff like the real capital 'cos we're taking the piss....come on, do you really think we're being serious? You get this kind of banter in every country. It's all good.....bash Cork all you want, I'm a very proud Corkonian but even more so I'm a very proud Irish person.

Now play safe children.

I'm not from Dublin and have never EVER said that I was. Although I do live there now for the past 8 months or so.

And honestly I do think that Cork people are serious when they say these things.
    Having worked in Customer Service during college, I can tell you that Cork people were the most dreaded customers you could ever get on the other end of the phone. This just fuelled my hatred for the place. It gave me an insight into their ludicrous mentality and I really do have issues with people from Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Hehehehehheheheheh, it's funny because people from both places seem to have massive insecurity complexes about where they come from, and feel the need to repeatedly inform the rest of us that their hometown/city is the capital/the capital of such and such.
    Yet when they come to a small town/city down the country they're shown how it can be like when you don't have to fear being stabbed whilst walking down the main thoroughfare after a few reasonably priced pints.

Get over yourselves, ye're small fry compared to London, New York, LA, Moscow, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Bejing etc.

Originally posted by Verdammt
    Oooh, saucer of milk at table 2 please .

Once it's made by anyone other than Kerry foods, make it Skimmed!

Get over yourselves, ye're small fry compared to London, New York, LA, Moscow, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Bejing etc.

My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Hehehehehheheheheh, it's funny because people from both places seem to have massive insecurity complexes about where they come from, and feel the need to repeatedly inform the rest of us that their hometown/city is the capital/the capital of such and such.
    Yet when they come to a small town/city down the country they're shown how it can be like when you don't have to fear being stabbed whilst walking down the main thoroughfare after a few reasonably priced pints.

As I've already pointed out, I'm not from Dublin and have no desire to be from 'the capital'. I really just have issues with the incessant babblings of the general population of Cork.

That's all.

Just like I never EVER said you were from Dublin! I said "I" was from Cork but living in Dublin.

Look I'm not bothered what you think in the slightest....I get mocked daily in Dublin about being from Cork. It's all in good humour. Glad you think that anyway, life would be boring if we all thought the same way.

My thoughts exactly.

How does that come into the equation exactly?

Originally posted by ClareBear
    Just like I never EVER said you were from Dublin! I said "I" was from Cork but living in Dublin.

Look I'm not bothered what you think in the slightest....I get mocked daily in Dublin about being from Cork. It's all in good humour. Glad you think that anyway, life would be boring if we all thought the same way.

But, Is Cork actually capital of anything other than County Cork?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I've been told that everyone has to experience a cork gal at least once. [he also said swedish chick too]

i dont mind Cork folk. Dont know many but my housemate and one of my mates in colleg are from Cork.

Tis only a bit of banter when they start tho.

But, Is Cork actually capital of anything other than County Cork?

Nope. And I don't know why they call it the real capital either. I'm sure there's a not very good reason for it somewhere but I just couldn't be arsed to find out.

• Advertisement

CB, it's a troll. Not a very good one at that tbh.

I'd say wait till monty or FANJ get on and then let them deal with this tit.

Your basically saying you've got a problem with Cork people.

positive8.jpg

Originally posted by Kaimera
    CB, it's a troll. Not a very good one at that tbh.

I'd say wait till monty or FANJ get on and then let them deal with this tit.

This is in no way a troll.

I wanted to know why the Cork people think this way?

Honestly, why?

If you look back you will find that my VALID POINTS and PERSONAL OPINIONS were basically attacked and jumped upon by the population of Cork.

maybe they call it the real capital to piss off folks like you that seem so insecure about where there from
    to be honest i dont give a flying **** where someone is from i dont judge a book by its cover!
    This just fuelled my hatred for the place. It gave me an insight into their ludicrous mentality and I really do have issues with people from Cork.

why dont you join or start a terrorist organisation to wipe out all corkonians then:rolleyes:

christ man get a ****ing life and stop posting nonesene!

Your basically saying you've got a problem with Cork people.

positive8.jpg

Yes, well more their attitudes to issues such as 'The Real Capital'.

I just don't understand it and simply want to know if anyone agrees with my point?

Originally posted by jank
    maybe they call it the real capital to piss off folks like you that seem so insecure about where there from
    to be honest i dont give a flying **** where someone is from i dont judge a book by its cover!

why dont you join or start a terrorist organisation to wipe out all corkonians then:rolleyes:

christ man get a ****ing life and stop posting nonesene!

You only like Cork because they ripped off the Arsenal jersey.

I'm not insecure about where I come from either. The Pale is a great place!

• Advertisement

Jaysus, Adrian Kennedy eat your hearth out.

You only like Cork because they ripped off the Arsenal jersey.

I'm not insecure about where I come from either. The Pale is a great place!

wow what a great argument there!
    maybe im from there and u never enlightend us and told us where ur from!
    wicklow louth meath!!??
    come on share the wealth or knowledge!
    wonder how many other accounts you have

wow what a great argument there!
    maybe im from there and u never enlightend us and told us where ur from!
    wicklow louth meath!!??
    come on share the wealth or knowledge!
    wonder how many other accounts you have

Louth

I just don't understand it and simply want to know if anyone agrees with my point?

Ive yet to find a point. Guess its my inferiority complex acting up. :rolleyes:

Ive yet to find a point. Guess its my inferiority complex acting up. :rolleyes:

You clearly have a low IQ, so I'll go slow....

Cork.....is only......capital of........County Cork
    Why....do......Cork People....call it.....'The Real Capital' etc

• Advertisement

Louth

ah so your in the RIRA then;)

see where this type of bull**** gets ya

Oh I could be here all day trying to figure out why you have such a problem with Cork people but I really couldn't be bothered. It's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Everyone's proud of where they come from. I'm no exception. I've been told by so many Dubs how much they love coming down to Cork for a weekend etc....just like I am enjoying my time in Dublin. Why don't you just chill out....I'm thinking you got dumped by a Cork girl or something but I'm sure you're not that immature to have a dig at Cork just for some silly reason like that now are you......

Have a nice day now, I'm off to worship my Roy Keane, Michael Collins, Rory Gallagher posters.....'cos afterall, Cork is the real capital....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

"The Real Capital" probably because it's the largest county?

Cork is the second county I support after Dublin because I'm 1/4 a Corkman :D

After that I support everyone who's playing Meath :D:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Originally posted by Kaimera
    I've been told that everyone has to experience a cork gal at least once.
    :)

;)

why dont u take your rant here!!
    im sure EVEYONE will agree with u;) cork rules!! :)

Why....do......Cork People....call it.....'The Real Capital' etc

Technically thats a question not a point.

RobertFoster, say hello to the gaa board :)http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=269

a/s/l Sinecure? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hello hate_sycophants or VERY_board or dirty_latino.

People ignore this person they are a troll and a sad little child who comes onto boards every now and then to play with adults.

Don't feed the trolls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

why dont u take your rant here!!
    im sure EVEYONE will agree with u;) cork rules!! :)

lol, I was going to get one of the T-Shirts that were in Spanish...but red isn't my colour :p

ah so your in the RIRA then;)

see where this type of bull**** gets ya

no, the PIRA actually

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement