Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UT2004 10.99 in game

• 02-05-2004 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Probably already been noted, but I was in Game in Blanchardstown and they had UT2004, the DVD version, for 10.99. Guy behind the counter said word came in from head office to lower the price to that level.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

thats very very cheap so it is !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

There better be more words coming in regarding BF: Vietnam. I just can't bring myself to shell out full price after that PC World thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭positron

Just what I was looking for! Are they open today? And do they have a branch city centre or somewhere in south side?

Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

The have a branch on henry street and dawson street

Thanks AP, I will check it in another couple of hours and update here!

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

is this game any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

I was in the Game's in henry/dawson/grafton streets on fri and ut2k4 was full price €45 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Does game not do that thing where if you find it cheaper they match it ??
    If they dont then letting the staff know that another branch in the city is selling at 10.99, might just get you the bargin - always worth a try

Originally posted by ando
    is this game any good?

Well, I still play Unreal Tournament - and I like it. Note that I don't play a lot of other games, and not sure how this new bulky version will perform in my humble laptop (P4 1.6Ghz, 640MB RAM, NVidia GeForce 440 Go with 64MB Video RAM), but I will buy it just because I liked the older version so much!

I hear Far Cry is a good one, and Halo2 (not out yet for PC, I guess).

Yeah, I think I was at Game (or was it some other shop?) in Henry St yesterday, and they had the DVD version for full price (~ €40).

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

What'r the odds head office told them to sell of ut2k3 at 10.99 :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Dar
    What'r the odds head office told them to sell of ut2k3 at 10.99 :)

That sounds more likely

just back from Game on Henry st - they've heard about this, but waiting for confirmation! :rolleyes:

Im back from blanch and the guys in game said they sold all ut2k4's for €11 yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

Just bought it in Game on Grafton Street for 11 euro. Its not a mistake and it is a really good price :) Checked Game in Dawson Street but couldn't see it there, they could be waiting for confirmation or something. Oh, and Die Hard is only 3.99 when you buy anything.

ando, it is a very good game but that depends what kind of game you like to play. Its best played multiplayer so you can kill all your friends.

Cheers skipn_easy,

Just bought one from there - 'll keep my busy over the weekend. They have no idea why its so cheap, but now that its cheap, its selling quick - don't think they have many left though.

Thanks again for the heads up,

Pos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

I read boards.ie

I buy ut2004 for 10.99

boards.ie Good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭CitySickness

Bargain!

Went into the Grafton St. branch yesterday evening, all sold out - they told me to head over to Dawson St. Same story there (apparently someone came in and snaffled up their 2 remaining copies, one of you no doubt) so I got the guy to call Henry St. and see if there were any left there. He says they have it in stock, but tells me to keep my head down and just quietly get in and out as quick as possible...

So I head over to Henry St, where they've got loads of copies, all tagged at €45.99 or therabouts, so I take one to the counter and ask about the discount, and the shop girl says "Yeah, they scan in at €10.99." And indeed they do! So my mate goes in a few minutes later, buys another copy - and as he's leaving, he overhears the manager saying "We better take those off sale NOW, 'cos that price is supposed to be for the old version."

Is this an enormous mistake that just spread like a virus through Game? What's going on?

I was in dawson st today and asked if they had any, they didnt and neither did grafton st. I asked the shop assistant to ring henry st for me. They said they had copies but they were priced at 45. Pity I missed the deal. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

why are they so cheap?

gonna try and pick one up tomorrow

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I got the last one in game in the blanch center, the reason the guy behind the counter gave was that PC World had dropped their price to €14 so game went lower than that ! That's the reason he gave anyway.

Slaan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

Hi now that we all own ut2004 where is the best place to get irish ut information eg servers, clans etc

thanks in advance for any info on this -

xwerx

Any of ye on for a frag fest!!!!!

Advertisement