Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justin Barrett announces run for Europe

Options
  • 02-05-2004 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

First off, we must all realize that Rose Macgowan is hot, much better put together than her older brother, Shane.

These two are actually not related, Shane's sister is named Siobhan, and Rose Macgowan's name is spelled, "Mcgowan". She is still hot, and she escaped from some sort of cult her parents were members of in Italy, kudos to her.

On a separate note, but no less important, the inimitable Justin Barrett is running in the European elections for the east on an anti-immigration platform as an independent candidate. Mr. Barrett is such a stud, and a superman that no one party can hold him, so he is forced by his sheer greatness to be an independent. Barrett's clearly got the punk rock credentials to be a force in Irish politics, with his f yez' all Shane Macgowan attitude, the 33 year old Longford family man and conservative Catholic is no stranger to controversy.

A few years back Barrett spoke at an event in Germany at the invite of some far right wing group, and this led to hysterical depictions of the man as the next Attila the Hun. I've taken the man's statements on this at face value, as his take on the situation is that he did not know the background of the group. Germany has some extremely strenuous laws regarding political parties due to it's horrible first half of the last century. The group Barrett spoke to might be a lot of things, but illegal is not one of them, and if they are still legal under the close scrutiny of parties in that nation then they must not be as big of a threat to humanity as Barrett's detractors make them out to be.

Mr. Barrett wrote a book entitled, "The National Way Forward", which was at times brilliant, and a fascinating read. Barrett writes that the best way forward for Ireland would be to rely on the traditional values that have made the nation great. For Barrett, this means a life of faith through the Church, an emphasis on family, and strengthening the bonds of community. Several critics of this work say that he book advocates the erosion of women's rights that have been gained over the years and a certain xenophobic attitude towards foreigners. The critics seem to be hysterical loony lefties who wish to see Ireland go through some unfortunate and bold new social experiment. They resent Barrett's defence of the unborn, his advocacy of the rights of the ordinary Irishman and Irishwoman over others, and his persistent advocacy work for the Catholic Church. If Barrett were such an ogre that was contemptible of women in their place in society, then that must have been a shock to Mrs. Barrett, who sired a few of his children and seems to be in love with her man in a mutually beneficent and caring relationship. Time and again it seems the criticisms of the man seem to border on the outrageous.

The anti-Nice campaigners seemed to break into two camps, the assorted left wing groups fighting what they perceived as a capitalist expansion, and Barrett's traditionalist right wing. The author of this piece does not really have a definite opinion on Nice, but it seems that the lefties and Barrett's group should have put aside their differences to fight for what was their common goal, to defeat Bertie and co's second Nice vote. Mr. Barrett presented himself throughout this campaign as an articulate and sensible man who only wanted the best for Ireland and the Irish people. The usual anti-Barrett wolves came out yet again to try to destroy the man, with the usual vicious vitriol hurled at the Longford campaigner.

We all know how Nice 2 went, and for the three of you who've been under a rock the last year or so, it finally passed and as of this date the expansion of the EU has been accomplished. But as the song says, you can't keep a good man down, and Barrett's back again with his new hot remix for all the clubs, Mr. Barrett goes to Europe, sort of like Mr. Smith goes to Washington but a tad different.

Barrett promises something that in a healthy society would be common sense, and that is that, "all illegal immigrants be sent home'', the source being his campaign leaflet. Only the insane would not advocate such a position, "illegal" behavior should not be tolerated in a normal society, but to those of the loony left persuasion this means he's the dreaded "R" word, the fashionable label meant to wreck people and stifle debate in a single blow! "Racist" is the label Barrett has been fitted with, which is the cowards way of striking down an opinion shared by many. These days it seems that anyone that wishes for parts of Dublin to become a "little Lagos" means they are terrible people and must be screamed down by the mentally ill far left. It is decent and honourable to protect your people from illegal invaders, and those who died for Ireland for hundreds of years against external threats must be spinning in their graves! The far left want their utopian vision to succeed, which is to submit Ireland to the failed theory of "multiculturalism". Even the Dutch government, famed for its tolerance and openness, has thrown their hands up and proclaimed this Marxist construct to be an absolute and utter failure. But does Ireland, and especially the far left, take heed? No! Because these people believe that by sheer will alone Ireland will escape the pitfalls that have befallen all western societies that have ascribed to this bizarre worldview in some miracle.

This is not to say that Ireland should not welcome immigrants, in small doses immigration is fine. There are some very good Philippinos and others who do great work for the healthcare system, and not all Nigerians are bad, much like not all those who are Irish born are good. Clearly there are good and bad in all groups, however a massive wave of unchecked immigration is wrong on many levels, changing the complexion of the Irish people is anti-Irish racism, something the far left never stop to think about, nor care to concern themselves with. For the good of Ireland, the illegals should be sent back, and more foreign investment and aid should be undertaken in the third world. One of the main critiques of the Irish policy on immigration is that for years Irish people were part of a huge diaspora throughout the world in times of trouble, and shouldn't Ireland then return the favour? Absolutely not, this logic is poor on many levels, one being the countries the Irish went to were by and large colonial endeavors of our occupiers at the time, the British. America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, were all lands that were primarily European settled, so the Irish have no special reason to import large numbers of foreigners in return.

One thing about Barrett's platform did raise a red flag for me, and that was that he believes that the new EU states will be detrimental to Ireland, and he decries that there will be a massive immigration problem posed by the new member nations of the EU. Barrett has the right idea in that protecting the national identity and character of Ireland in this globalized environment must be a main goal of all the citizenry, but his stance on fellow Europeans is unfair, and this author hates to bring such arguments into play, as they are reminiscent of the puerile, "Irish were immigrants so we must except being swamped by immigrants too" mentality; but the same thing was said about Ireland and the Irish when our nation joined the EU in the 1973. Since then the Irish have proven their mettle, and so will the new EU states and their people.

The rest of Barrett's platform is sound and all patriots should vote for the good man. Concerning the disgusting Fianna Fail policy that allows the native population to be subjected to second rate status in their own lands, Barrett is quoted as saying, "Irish people can't get jobs but Mary Harney insists on giving work permits to non-nationals who will work for less money. We must demand that this discrimination against Irish people stops."

Discrimination it is, right on Justin Barrett, right on. The wise man from Longford then goes on to say, "Non-nationals in Ireland are putting a huge strain on our social services and maternity hospitals. The government is spending well over a quarter of a billion euros every year on, mostly false, asylum seekers. But many Irish people can't afford houses or access to health services.''

Bingo! The future of Ireland as a nation is being threatened, by internal AND external foes, and good people such as Mr. Barrett need to stand up and be counted, and not allow the bully boy tactics of the various anti-Irish factions of the far left to interfere in the natural self preservation instinct of the average Irishwoman and Irishman.

He hits the head on the nail or nail on the head, however you want to say it, when he wrote, ""It's clear to everyone that we have a serious problem with immigration." Indeed it is Mr. Barrett, to everyone but the myopic and hysterical loony left. A vote for Barrett is a vote for Ireland!

http://www.justinbarrett.org

http://www.sbpost.ie/web/DocumentView/did-907714238-pageUrl--2FThe-Newspaper-2FSundays-Paper.asp

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Boiiiiiiiiiiiiing! :ninja:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭arcadegame2004

I am on blance negatively-disposed to Justin Barrett. While I strongly agree with him that the illegal-immigration is getting out of control in this country, I despise his anti-EU and anti-secularist positions. I will never vote for him! Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

This party political broadcast was brought to you by...
    Originally posted by Paul Hughes
    First off, we must all realize that Rose Macgowan is hot, much better put together than her older brother, Shane.

These two are actually not related, Shane's sister is named Siobhan, and Rose Macgowan's name is spelled, "Mcgowan". She is still hot, and she escaped from some sort of cult her parents were members of in Italy, kudos to her.

On a separate note, but no less important, the inimitable Justin Barrett is running in the European elections for the east on an anti-immigration platform as an independent candidate. Mr. Barrett is such a stud, and a superman that no one party can hold him, so he is forced by his sheer greatness to be an independent. Barrett's clearly got the punk rock credentials to be a force in Irish politics, with his f yez' all Shane Macgowan attitude, the 33 year old Longford family man and conservative Catholic is no stranger to controversy...

[blah blah blah blah blah blah]

...He hits the head on the nail or nail on the head, however you want to say it, when he wrote, ""It's clear to everyone that we have a serious problem with immigration." Indeed it is Mr. Barrett, to everyone but the myopic and hysterical loony left. A vote for Barrett is a vote for Ireland!

Interesting mention of Atilla The Hun...I'd rather vote for Atilla than for this poisoned little dwarf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 johnKarma

From the SBPost article:

In his election leaflet, obtained by The Sunday Business Post, Barrett demands that "all illegal immigrants be sent home'' and that "Irish people are given priority in all new jobs''.

Er, right. How, exactly, would a seat in the European Parliament allow him to pursue these goals? What powers does the EU, let alone the almost powerless Parliament, have to intervene in the immigration policy of a member state in such a drastic manner?

"Disingenuous, race-card-playing, reactionary troll" is a phrase that springs to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I really believe that guy is missing a screw or two.

We're extremely lucky to have a lot of the immigrant workers in this country. They're doing the jobs most won't do nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Concerning the disgusting Fianna Fail policy that allows the native population to be subjected to second rate status in their own lands...
    You should watch this Prime Time, it'll show you exactly who is being treated as a second-class citizen.
    his take on the situation is that he did not know the background of the group.
    Even if we accept this explanation, doesn't it betray an appalling lack of judgement? I don't want someone this naïve up in Brussels representing me...

Yes but let's make sure that the jobs are going to legal immigrants.

I'm looking at his website can anyone else read the discussion forum, the type face is tiny!

Mike.

Originally posted by arcadegame2004
    Yes but let's make sure that the jobs are going to legal immigrants.

Illegals are NOT allowed to work by law....or go to school/collage etc.

Mike.

"Illegals are NOT allowed to work by law."

If only this was enforced.

• Advertisement

Well you can say that about anything.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

It's up to employers to enforce it but it ain't being enforced. personally, I would not report someone I suspected of working illegally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Back on the actual non-hijacked topic, Barrett's a loon. I'm actually dismayed that he voted the same way I did in the last abortion referendum. He's probably dismayed that he voted the same way as me though so that's OK. He was a loon ten years ago and he hasn't changed for the better. He's not even one of those cute telly-tubby loons but rather one of those slightly mentally deranged, slightly mentally challenged loons. Perhaps more than "slightly". Actually screw that, a lot more than "slightly".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Redleslie

The National Way Forward got the thumbs down from Martin Mackin (communist?) former secretary general of FF (communists?) in the Sunday Business Post (Sunday Communist Post?) several months ago, viz, "There is only one real contender for the gong of Dog of the Year: Justin Barrett's The National Way Forward! This reader lost several hours of his life ploughing through this screed and, as a public service announcement, urges others not to make the same mistake."

However it was a "hit" with the stormfront folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

However it was a "hit" with the stormfront folks.
    That says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

He's not my ideal candidate but I wouldn't rule him out in the sea of political correctness. Because of his anti abortion credentials / Youth defence etc.. I dont think he'll pole well.. He would appeal to old FGs and FFs and even some grassroots SF but he would be in for a hard ride from the press...especially the extreme, neo liberal, Batchick Herald and Independent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Paul Hughes
    Who the **** is Paul Hughes ? This Idiot Here maybe?
    " Can you liberal and far-left types find anything else than the Irish Times, the Irish elitist and Masonic journal of record, or the Irish AFA (or should I say, CCCP) website?"
    Devore is a well known high ranking Mason who has 3 aprons to wear, one on top of the other. I refuse to bend over or wear an apron in his presence though . Do you realise that yet that 'your base are belong to him' , as those chaps say to each other Paul ?
    Hosted in California by Assurance Hosting, how very patriotic of you Dustin, delibrately exporting an Irish job there already :( !

Justin Barrett agitprop, this Board is going down the swannee for shure.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Muck
    Who the **** is Paul Hughes ? This Idiot Here maybe?

One week ban.

Learn to be a bit more civil.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nice cut and paste job Paul Hughes. Maybe you would like to come back and engage with people here about what you posted or are you going to hide behind labels and snide remarks to avoid others queries on Justin.

How can someone who is so openly hostile to Europe serve this country in the European Parliament. My god as far as I know he hasn't even had experience of politics on a county council.

All I see here is a sad individual backed up by others with extreme views who are no use to this country at all. The age of Devalera has passed and Ireland has matured, pity Justin and his Youth Defense cronies haven't.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Is this muppet for real?

http://www.justinbarrett.org

I tried to read his manifesto (I suppose that's what this is).
    Who wrote this for him? Or is he that illiterate himself?

Paul seems to have a particular hobbyhorse issues with "extreme liberalism, establishment politics and Freemasonry" all right. I've been reading some of the bulletin board on Justin Barrett's site (FYI: it's available under "Your Say", can't link directly as for some reason the entire site's done in Flash that can't be indexed by google) as I felt like, er, educating myself, that's it. I had a list of the contributions I found most funny, including Pauls insults thrown around like cheap confetti but I decided you could look there yerselves - anyone who's run out of old episodes of Seinfeld to watch should really tune in. Hell, you could even contribute.

Anyone feel like being called a liberal anarchist Trot? (I can guarantee that no-one's going to call you a Nazi over there)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ah man just when ye get rid of the satire forum, something like this comes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Justin? surely a guy like him, with so much hatred in his head, can't even get it up FFS! (Cryptic, I know:( )

Pro life me arse, pro life alright as long as that life is Irish.

Sad.

"Ireland of the welcomes" Bored Fáilte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭PaulHughesWH

I don't know who the original Paul Hughes was on this thread, but I'M "that idiot" off the Indymedia site.

Obviously a few Red nutcases here.

As far as the original post goes, thats not me, unless there is another well-informed Paul Hughes out there.

Whats more, I wouldn't have any intention of posting anything here, especially given that it attracts such virulently anti-Irish, left-wing tripe. That original post is NOT ME, even though I agree with the content. I merely signed up for this forum to reinforce that point.

Honesty goes a long way. I suspect that it was posted by one of the yobbos from the Indymedia site so they could throw tomatoes at me behind my back.

Other than that, as I said, there could be a different Paul Hughes out there. But it is NOT this Paul Hughes.

Originally posted by PaulHughesWH
    Obviously a few Red nutcases here.
    Dunno really, I'm not so sure sometimes. In any case, I remember Justin of old from the early 90s and my disregard for the guy's politics has nothing to do with my own views on anything but coherency. Or at least that'd be enough. I remember having more regard even for Nora Bennis in 1995 than Justin Barrett. Partly because she was willing to engage in coherent public debate (with me as it happens) rather than organise the boys and girls in black to enter rooms and merely shout people down. He's not climbed up the charts since, and let's be honest - it's a very short ladder.

I suppose we won't be seeing you back again then Paul? Assuming you'll at least read the first post after yours, I'll take this opportunity to remind both yourself and Justin that insulting people as an opener rather than coming up with a reasoned argument only converts the foolish (and then only if you're lucky) to any cause, regardless of its grounding in reality or nuttiness. You've probably heard this before but once more can't hurt.

I don't care, I still didn't post anything here until today.

Originally posted by PaulHughesWH
    I don't care
    Ah but you do. You're up to three posts already. If you really didn't care you'd be at a nice round zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You should really ban the first poster for either..

a) Pimping his news story.

b) Posting a news story without commenting on it.

Exhibit A:

http://www.indymedia.ie/newswire.php?story_id=64717

Failing that it should be moved to Satire. Or is this just Stormfront playing silly beggers again?
    That original post is NOT ME, even though I agree with the content.

Erm, of course you would agree with the content. You wrote the content, the other poster is just cut and pasting.

Advertisement