Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justin Barrett announces run for Europe

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Might move it to the bin!

I love the way these types label people as red's etc to avoid engaging in discussion. Very mature, ah well I suppose they are old Ireland, thank god I belong to New Ireland :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Obviously a few Red nutcases here.
    especially given that it attracts such virulently anti-Irish, left-wing tripe

Hmmmm, a good start with some well reasoned, informative points. Evidently you can't spent too much time here or you would see there plenty of non "Red nutcases" around.

Why bother debating when you can chuck a generalistic claims about and then run off? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Justin Barrett

I have not authorised anybody to participate in this discussion forum. Please confine your support messages to the forums set up for that purpose at this web location

http://www.justinbarrett.org/

Please disregard messages purporting to come from Paul Hughes

Thank You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LOL! not to mention ROFL and :ninja: to boot.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

ROFL this is better then crossroads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Justin Barrett
    I have not authorised anybody to participate in this discussion forum.
    Ja, mein führer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by PaulHughesWH
    Obviously a few Red nutcases here.
    especially given that it attracts such virulently anti-Irish, left-wing tripe
    Honesty goes a long way.

So does civility - a lesson you clearly haven't learned yet.

But lest there be any confusion - civility doesn't just go a long way - it is de rigeur here when referring to other posters.

You don't get any special treatment, other than a first warning that Muck didn't get earlier in this thread...and thats only because he's been around long enough to know the score.

If - as you claim - you don't want to post here, then don't. I couldn't care less which way you decide. But if you decide that you are going to continue to post here, don't make the mistake of assuming that the mods will put up with you insulting other posters. I, and the others, will not.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Justin Barrett has a democratic right to stand for election. Fair play to him.

As a democrat - I wish him well. It is a pity a lot will not even bother to exercise their democratic franshise come the election.

I find it strange that some people with "left wing" views find Justin objectionable. Did Justin not share a common platform with such groups during the Nice vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Cork
    Did Justin not share a common platform with such groups during the Nice vote?
    Didn't Churchill share a platform with Stalin? Was Churchill a Stalinist? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I find it strange that some people with "left wing" views find Justin objectionable. Did Justin not share a common platform with such groups during the Nice vote?

What a strange way of thinking, I agree with some of the things you say, that does not force me to think the same way about everything you say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I have not authorised anybody to participate in this discussion forum. Please confine your support messages to the forums set up for that purpose at this web location

Thank You
    I guess there'll be spankings later.

1: How do we know you're Justin Barrett?

2: Why should we obey your orders even if you are?

3: Do you really "authorise" people to comment on your policies? Is there some kind of punishment if people make "unauthorised" comments about policies

4: Why don't you actually answer questions on your own forum?

5: Given your elevated purported concern about Irish jobs and Irish people, why is your website and forum hosted in the United States of America?

6: Given your statement on announcing a candidacy for Ireland East ("I will be a candidate for the Irish province of Leinster. I'll leave running in artificial regions like Ireland East, which de-personalise and de-nationalise, to others") can you reconcile your position on movement of people across nasty artificial boundaries within the EU to both this and the residency in Ireland of people without pure Irish DNA without resorting to nationalist rhetoric of the extreme variety?

7: With that in mind, do you still deny the veracity of the report by Derek Scally and Deaglán de Bréadún in the Irish Times of 11 October 2002 with a comment by Holger Apfel, deputy president of the National Democratic Party that there has been contact between the NPD and "his (Barrett's) group since 1996" and that they are "friendly with his Youth Defence organisation"? And the quote from Sascha Rossmüller, leader of the Young National Democrats (JN), the youth wing of the NPD, in the same article stating that he had ben in contact with you (Justin Barrett) for many years and that Youth Defence is "an important part of our (JN's) international network, along with the National Front in the UK and Forza Nuova in Italy?

8: If you do why didn't you sue the Irish Times and Irish Mirror as you promised to do in October 2002? Is it because they told the truth?

9: Given your admittance that Youth Defence gave 70,000 euros to Precious Life (mentioned in the Sunday Mirror article of 29 September 2002), a Scottish anti-abortion grouping headed by Jim Dowson, an ex-Orangeman with a firearms conviction, despite your contradictory assertion that Precious Life were not "funded" by Youth Defence, what's your position on the threats of violence and "direct action" made by that grouping against doctors who indulge in abortions?

10: Do you believe as the International Third Position (the ITP, founded by Derek Holland (who went to Libya to apply for funding from Colonel Qadafi in the late 1980s and according to both Times and Mirror present at the NPD's conference in Passau along with you) and Roberto Fiore (who fled Italy in 1980 after the Bologna railway bombing which killed 85 people and according to the Mirror shared a platform with you in Civitanova on 21 July 2001), with "carefully tuned positions on ultra-Catholicism and racial purity") does, that attempts to form any multi-cultural society are "against the will of God"?

11: Do you still stand by all comments you made during your eventually aborted campaign for the presidency of the Union of Students in Ireland in 1992, back when you were called Justin Slevin?

12: What's your position on the contribution of articles by Youth Defence members to the National Front/ITP magazine Condour in the early 1990s?

13: Are you aware that should you be Justin Barrett you've just made yourself look sillier than people thought you were?

14: Will the Real Slim Shady please stand up?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hitler was a vegetarian does that mean.... naaa not worth the godwin. :p

Oh Cork, Cork, where would we be without you. Do a google search for some of the groups I mentioned in my post above. Less to do with political views of the groupings (although having said that, just to correct you, the groups were far in the other direction) and more to do with racial purity, the will of God, superiority of the Celtic and Aryan races (apparently the Irish are regarded as the most racially pure race in Europe by people we really shouldn't be taking compliments from) and beating up black people.

Forward, not backward, upward not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom. Well, upward and onward anyway. I don't find either the far left or far right inherently objectionable. The far stupid I do find rather objectionable, particularly when they're looking for a vote. Will the Men in Black be visiting me now?

Actually Cork, given your background as a Bertie supporter you might like to remember the direct action taken by Youth Defence at the Fianna Fail Ard Fheis in 1999. While obviously I've problems with Fianna Fail, I'm not too sure the actions of YD that day put them into the "democrat" category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

WTF?

Again - Is this muppet for real?

And if he is, what a man to represent us :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Originally posted by sceptre
    I'm not too sure the actions of YD that day put them into the "democrat" category.

But is Justin Barrett not running as an independent?

I think that he will put up his posters and hand out his leaflets like other canidates?

Whats the big deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Okay I'll come clean, I'm Justin Barret.

Mike.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'm Justin Barrett. And so is my wife.

Guys I haven't banned someone in weeks don't tempt me !

Thank You

Justin welcome to boards.ie.

This is a discussion board and people are free to post their views here. I am surprised that messages of support are only welcome on the "Your Say" section of your website. I would have thought a democrat such as yourself would welcome the chance to explain yourself to those of us that view what you stand for with distrust and some peoples cases disgust.

I would expect someone like you to be well able to tackle peoples negative views of you and what you believe in without using labels like "pinko", "liberal" etc that seem to be bandied about liberally on your bulletin board.

Maybe sceptre should post his 10 points there so you can answer them ?

Remember alot of us on here are voters in "Leinster" :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I have not authorised anybody to participate in this discussion forum.

Thats ok.... I did.

How about we discuss whatever the hell we please and you decide for yourself whether you want to be involved or not.

*crosses arms and glares*

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Syke

Originally posted by gandalf
    Maybe sceptre should post his 10 points there so you can answer them ?

sorry to drag this back up. seems they dont like opposing views on their site. somone (was it the sceptre guy) posted questions and they were taken down cos they were "slander"

thats a good way to run a campaign. censorship.

Yep makes me wonder why he has that "discussion" board if he isn't even willing to post to it himself or let people post valid queries to his legitimacy as a political candidate and to fully explain his views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭arcadegame2004

"Originally posted by Justin Barrett

Thank You " (Justin Barrett)

Good thing him and his like aren't running this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Back on the actual non-hijacked topic, Barrett's a loon. I'm actually dismayed that he voted the same way I did in the last abortion referendum. He's probably dismayed that he voted the same way as me though so that's OK. He was a loon ten years ago and he hasn't changed for the better. He's not even one of those cute telly-tubby loons but rather one of those slightly mentally deranged, slightly mentally challenged loons. Perhaps more than "slightly". Actually screw that, a lot more than "slightly".

Where does the spastic get the figure of 170,000 unemployed in this country on his site?

Unemployment rate 4.5% of 1,919,700 labour force (according to the CSO anyway)

I was never good at maths but wouldn't that be just under 90,000?

Originally posted by Capt.Sparrow
    sorry to drag this back up. seems they dont like opposing views on their site. somone (was it the sceptre guy) posted questions and they were taken down cos they were "slander"
    Ah 'twasn't me. The bad interface on that site would be enough to make sure I'm unlikely to bother my ass going near it after my initial look about a week ago. I've never posted there. Which doesn't mean I never will, but I never have. Having said that, if anyone wants to take any of my questions and post them anywhere, knock yerselves out (not that any of you actually /need/ permission). Rest assured that there's nothing slanderous or libellous in what I posted above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ah 'twasn't me. The bad interface on that site would be enough to make sure I don't bother my ass going near it. Having said that, if anyone wants to take any of my questions and post them anywhere, knock yerselves out (not that any of you actually /need/ permission). Rest assured that there's nothing slanderous or libellous in what I posted above.

Will we need permission from Justin to post questions?

Seriously though, have you read the forum on his site. Its scary stuff, as much as I hate journo's, I really hope some media gets a hold of the site contents and makes a song and dance.

Advertisement