Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Season 3, Episode 24: Zero Hour

• 02-05-2004 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Logline and Guest Cast to be announced

Star trek.com-

In keeping with the discretionary nature of this shoot, we are remaining mum on any story details, though obviously the episode will climax the Enterprise crew's efforts to keep the Xindi Superweapon from destroying Earth. We're even keeping the guest cast under wraps for the time being. Expect some surprises.

This episode had not only one of the largest guest casts of the series, but one of the largest contingents of stunt players and extras, portraying everything from crewmen to MACOs to Xindi and assorted other aliens. Some of those extras were special guests of the show

Hopefully something fresh will come out of this episode as enterprise has been pretty dimal since the first season, who will be in the guest cast ??? they mentioned a few surprises who will it be???

any guesses to who they will be and any idea's as to what is going to happen???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Nazi aliens...wtf?
    And has that Nazi alien appeared in season 3 - I've only seen a couple of season 3 episodes

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Just when you thought Enterprise couldn't **** with the timeline anymore than it already has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Well that doesnt sound good :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I think we should leave this discussion - i think it was a brillent episode and a brillent temperal paradox to figure out. So many possabalties.

We should stop talking about this until it airs on sky tho because tha way we can have a more full indepth discussion with all the other ppl who will only see it on wky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Me smells the
    BIG RESET BUTTON coming closer....

When does it get shown on sky?

• Advertisement

9 days unless sky show both episodes this monday

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I think I'm going to regret this renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Dont know how to hide the text in my posts, so all ill say is that it was really really good except for the last 1 minute.

I have no time for where this is going to lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

spoiler:
    this episode sucked, no originality, what a crap ending to the season, they should fire the retard that wrote this. i'll post more details on my opnion after everone else has seen it

i completly disagree wbut we will all have a big discussion on this next monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Right, after the mostly good to excellent season 3 of Enterprise, 'Zero Hour' didn't pull anything exciting out of the bag for the finale.
    Xindi weapon goes boom...expected, and somewhat unsatisfying imo. There was practically no tension in the boring FX fight around Earth. All the preceding episodes had tons of ships locked in battle around the weapon, with a nice epic feel. Three ships, none of which were Enterprise, in an unimaginative and pedestrian fight is not finale material. The Enterprise bits were similarly lacking in tension and excitement, except for when the Sphere Builders appeared on the ship. However, it was all overcome waaaay too easily in the end. Not even a single recurring character died to create some drama. Seems like the best material was written for the previous two episodes imo.
    The Sphere Builders were underdeveloped, and came across as pretty dumb to have let Enterprise get this far when they could've increased their spatial anomalies like that earlier in the season & stopped Enterprise outright, what gives?
    The Spheres being destroyed was also hollow and unsatisfying. I think that Berman & Braga should've let other writers handle this one, it just didn't deliver on any of the promise of the preceding episodes at all. It seems every episode they write includes a Daniels/Future scene with Archer, and it's worn thin long ago.
    The surprise of the guest cast should've been left outta the opening credits too...I mean 'Jeffrey Combs as Shran' announced the Andorian appearance long before it happened, and considering it was about the only surprise, it was a pity they didn't keep the guest cast secret.
    As for the ending? I really thought something *COOL* was gonna happen once contact with Starfleet couldn't be established. I was *dying* to see what would happen when Trip & Mayweather touched down in SF. The potential for something completely out of left field was there and.....they went back to WWII?! FFS, talk about lame! I just hope the entire season 4 opener isn't all set in trenches, I hate those episodes set in our time frame/recent history.
    All in all, a botched empty ending to the best season Enterprise is likely to ever have, which is a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Will someone please PM me where to download these episodes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

TCamen, I think you forgot your [rant] tags.:p

TCamen, I think you forgot your [rant] tags

I thought they were a given ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

FOR ****S SAKES, NOT MORE TIME TRAVEL, JESUS CHRIST!!!! I'm getting whole heartedly sick of this reset thing. Time travel episodes are good, yes, Year of Hell demonstrated that. But, christ, wtf are they doing. Prequel, ok... evil cross dimension alien intervention, ok.... time travel back to world war 2, WHAT THE ****?

I am greatly pissed off

I think it was brillent and am looking forward to a big discussion on monday night

FOR ****S SAKES, NOT MORE TIME TRAVEL, JESUS CHRIST!!!! I'm getting whole heartedly sick of this reset thing. Time travel episodes are good, yes, Year of Hell demonstrated that. But, christ, wtf are they doing. Prequel, ok... evil cross dimension alien intervention, ok.... time travel back to world war 2, WHAT THE ****?

Seems like there's plenty of people that feel that way!
    I'd have been happy if they'd done something like have Enterprise end up in an alternate timeline where Earth is taken over/ruined/whatever...but AT THE SAME POINT IN TIME!
    Going backwards to WWII is damn well the worst choice ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Reeks of the cromags (sp?) in sliders tbh

Reeks of the cromags (sp?) in sliders tbh
    Yeah it does actually have a whiff of the Kromaggs. Also makes me think of the Hirogen as the Nazi SS in Voyager 'The Killing Game'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

*snigger* he leaped

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Nice pretty explosions, but
    one of the easiest world savings yet from the ST universe.

Cool beans But what was that ending about? though it has to be said im very much looking forward to finding out wtf is going on.

The andorans helped out in saveing earth what a honorable race i want to see more of them.........vulcan didnt bother there ass how they become founding members of the federation is beyond me they have no sence of friendship or trust there out only for themselfs.The battle on the sphear was cool explosive pack to the back :D never though id see that in star trek tbh .Back on earth that alien nazi guy looked a lot like a reman from star trek 10 also they got the data/races of the federation right how cool.

10/10

The Opening scene was brillent but it would have been better if they where eating infint aborials or primates.

We had another Future event with Danials, i dont understand why archer said "i dont have time for this" that makes no sence if he is there with Danials no time passes for him so why would he not have time?
    Why does archer always get annoyed with danials i would enjoy to talk with someone from the future.

I love the idia of Danoblian familys several wifes and husbands for everyone. Better than the ferrengi homeworld because to me that is a horrible thought, the wommen no cloathing is ok ye but you dont want to see little kids and very old wommen with no cloathing *shudders*

Why didnt they use a ship with trillianD on the hull like a Aqutic mothership to enter the space around the sphere, they would have had no trouble disabling the sphere
    The skin thing was well done, looked nice

The Sphere builders on the ship was a good bit, great music. It was odd the weapons didnt seem to be having that much of a effect on the sphere builders they still phased through them and did no noticble dammage and didnt cause any notcible pain.
    The one thing that made no sence was why didnt 30 sphere builders appear instead of 8. They could have killed/injured the whole crew and stoped them from fighting back.
    Nice effects for sphere destruction and the annomalys

Shren was a supprise for me but i didnt see his name at the start during the guest charactors. Wayun/Shren is a good actor. I liked the battle and disagree with whoever said it wasent good.
    The "torpedo" from the reptillian ship looked more like a disrupter.
    I dont understand why there wasent even 1 earth ship, very odd

I also dont understand why they took such a small team of macos onto degras ship

The fights on the weapon where ok/good but not great.
    It got much better when archer was fighting dolem. At one stage i thought dolem was about to bite archer. I loved the way he started to rip chuncks out of archers face
    The rip on the back was nice aswell. Good death and i liked the way there was blood on the wall.
    Commander Dolem is reley a good charactor, great actor aswell.

I thought t`pol would be about 110 not 65
    I reley love the look of the aqutic ship, If they where going to cancel Enterprise and not make a 4th sereis then It would have been a very good final episode and worthy of mention in *best final episodes* if they left out the last few min of the episode.
    I still loved the ending but if they wanted to make a final episode they would have left out the last 4 min. T`pol talking to porthos was a good bit aswell.
    I thought it had a great ending, i love a good temperal paradox.

Its hard to understand the temperal event.

It is possible that all ships and planets in the expance reverted to the time when the spheres where constructed?
    We know that the guardians made contact with te Xindi when there home world was destroyed around the time of WW2

I do recongise the alien but i dont know from where, Perhaps with the sphere builders gone the alien is a result of the temperal cold war.
    We where told that the sphere builders are from another faction we dont reley know what that means but it implys they are enemies of the people/person controlling the silibon.

There is a chance that Enterprise passed through a time vortex after it left the Aqutic ship but we saw no sign of a vortex and star trek tends to show temperal votexs

The other possabality is that Earth, just earth went through a time vortex.

I also belive there where 2 temperal events
    Event 1. Caused the enterprise (and possibly all of the Expance) to travel back in time
    Event 2. A Alien Traveled back in time to earth 1943 for reasons as yet unknown

We can always hope that what has happened is the new timeline is a alterd one where the Nazis win WW2 and later the terran empire rises.
    EDIT: Data please edit this topic and add a poll to rate the epsiode

1.Amazing
    2.Good
    3.Ok
    4.Bad
    5.You wasted 45 mins of my life and i want them back

Cool beans But what was that ending about? how did they go back in time ? though it has to be said im very much looking forward to finding out wtf is going on.

The andorans helped out in saveing earth what a honorable race i want to see more of them.........vulcan didnt bother there ass how they become founding members of the federation is beyond me they have no sence of friendship or trust there out only for themselfs.The battle on the sphear was cool explosive pack to the back never though id see that in star trek tbh .Back on earth that alien nazi guy looked a lot like a reman from star trek 10 also they got the data/races of the federation right how cool.

10/10

*delete me other post data!*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

The minute i saw the ending i though of oh no here we go again, Voyager killing game all over again or TOS patterns of force.

I was up until 2 or 3 this morning trying to figure out if

A) Did they actually go back in time

or

b) Is it an alternate timeline created by archers supposed death, so heres my conclusion

Its not A simply because at when daniels brought archer to the future he said that archer was pivotal to the founding of the federation so history would not have been changed from archers supposed death back but from any point forward of the time he was killed supposedly (sorry bout so many of those lol)

So it must be B, but then that holds all sorts of other problems as well, take for example if the timeline broke off into an alternate 1 should enterprise still exist and should there be a vulcan on board, should daniels be able to show archer anything at all

See what i mean to many variables and headaches which im sure will all be glossed over anyway come season 4

Shin

why whould archers death effect ww2

maybe the vortex protected them from some changes in the timeline or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Thats what im trying to say any part of history up to the point in the story would not have been changed by archers death, therefore time travel could be possible but not necessarily happened, plus I dont think the nazis had any blue skinned aliens in there ranks

WINK WINK

:D

Shin

I say the federation is bouncing them around time for a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Good ep and ending to the story arc but damn what a confusing and stupid ending!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by shinzon
    The minute i saw the ending i though of oh no here we go again, Voyager killing game all over again or TOS patterns of force.

I was up until 2 or 3 this morning trying to figure out if

A) Did they actually go back in time

or

b) Is it an alternate timeline created by archers supposed death, so heres my conclusion

Its not A simply because at when daniels brought archer to the future he said that archer was pivotal to the founding of the federation so history would not have been changed from archers supposed death back but from any point forward of the time he was killed supposedly (sorry bout so many of those lol)

So it must be B, but then that holds all sorts of other problems as well, take for example if the timeline broke off into an alternate 1 should enterprise still exist and should there be a vulcan on board, should daniels be able to show archer anything at all

See what i mean to many variables and headaches which im sure will all be glossed over anyway come season 4

Shin

It cant be B.
    B wouldent explain how the enterprise traveled back in time it would only explain why WW2 is different

Advertisement