Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

poster war

Options
  • 03-05-2004 8:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Who is winning the poster war in your area?

In my area Laois/Kilkenny Avril Doyle is everywhere, no one else gets a look in anywhere. Her posters are continious from just outside waterford to Kildare.
    She must have some funds to afford that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I am sick of looking at those flamin posters everywhere, what a waste of money to say the least, I've got some big ugly one outside my door " O'Gorman" or sumthin shes absolutely everywhere for christ sake stop the madness i say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Originally posted by Bond-007
    In my area Laois/Kilkenny Avril Doyle is everywhere, no one else gets a look in anywhere. Her posters are continious from just outside waterford to Kildare.
    She must have some funds to afford that.

I have to say, I was impressed by how quickly she got her posters up. Around here, the only other candidate who started as quickly was an Independent for the local elections.

Is there some ruling under which early campaign spending doesn't have to be declared in reports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 krunchytheklown

Ya im sick of those pics outside my huse too, because it was windy one night when i opened the curtains and i saw ugly scary picture staring at me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭pdh

Up here in Meath, FF went on a blitz at the weekend, it's Kirk No1 everywhere. I thought a Kirk was a church.....

Maybe FF want to get us all back into Church

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

what I hate is that they all take the posters down but don't bother taking the 'plastic ties' that hold them up.
    There isn't a lamp-post in the land that doesn't have at least one of them from the last general election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Does anyone else think Avril Doyle looks very evil in that poster, her poster has some Thatcher like about it.

Or maybe I'm just crazy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by irish1
    Does anyone else think Avril Doyle looks very evil in that poster, her poster has some Thatcher like about it.

Or maybe I'm just crazy:D

Yes she looks like Thacher alright:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Just just in the poser, but in real life.

I've never been as tempted in my entire life to go out and buy a paintgun and have some late night fun!

If you're driving through Monserevin, look out for the independant 'Stop the Paedophiles' poster from a local Independant.

I think sending him to Brussels would be a good idea, they need all the help they can get with the DuTru case right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Originally posted by DublinWriter

I've never been as tempted in my entire life to go out and buy a paintgun and have some late night fun!

Flamethrowers are where the real fun's at :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

One of the Labour candidates in Cork has solved the age-old dilemma on whether to paint or not-to-paint-the-poster question. His face is turning yellow as his posters age. I'd say he and his printer have been having meaningful dialogues about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Well you could always go for the sweeping brush handle and nine ich nails method .

just so u can get the high ones ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

How do you deface a Gerry Adams poster? Any tips would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I believe defacing posters is illegal?

If so, then the only tip coming from this thread should be "don't do it".

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Bond-007
    Yes she looks like Thacher alright:D

Avril is a fine looking woman for her age (maybe full stop tbh)..

She is actually a Belton, from Dublin , and married Freddie Doyle , a cattle dealer.

Anyway about 20 years ago or so, the count was going on in the Dun Mhuire Hall in Wexford, and Avril was leaning over the partition trying to help with the tally..

There were these 3 old guys behind her , and next thing one of them goes

"I'll tell ya one thing lads, but Freddie was always a fine judge of a baste"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by article6
    Is there some ruling under which early campaign spending doesn't have to be declared in reports?
    Only money spent during or for the month preceeding the poll is counted towards the expenditure limit.

If a poster is bought in March and only used during the election it counts.

If a poster is bought in June and only used during the election it counts.

If a poster is bought in March and only used in March and then disposed of before the election it doesn't count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Originally posted by bonkey
    I believe defacing posters is illegal?

If so, then the only tip coming from this thread should be "don't do it".

jc

I meant to say "use the flamethrower to prevent defacers". Keep Royston handsome.

Advertisement