Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Owen quits Cannibal Corpse!!

Options
  • 03-05-2004 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭

It's official - here's Jack's statement from www.cannibalcorpse.net

2004-05-03 - Jack Owen
    "After 15 years with Cannibal Corpse, I've decided to leave the group. My heart just wasn't in it anymore, and it was reflected in my appearance on stage. Times change, and I just don't enjoy the music as much as I used to, and the only thing keeping me in the band was steady work, and the pay. These things makes it unfair to myself, my band members, and especially the fans. I'd like to thank all the members of Cannibal Corpse, past and present, for sharing in the conquest of an entire genre of music. I wish the band continued success...

I would especially like to thank the fans for being there for 15 years. Without you, I wouldn't have made it this far. Your dedication to death metal is unbelievable.

I am going to continue in music, of course, with Adrift. I'd like to thank them for their patience and understanding, and support of my decision. We will meet again, I'm sure..

Cheers,
    Jack Owen

Bummer :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

wow lucky I saw them just there a few weeks ago.

i said it to myself when i was buying my ticket: "if i dont see them i probably never will cause they'll break up or something stupid like that"

well not quite true but close enough :p

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Is this the end of the road for CC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

What's the big deal, Cannibal Corpse churn out album after album of one-dimensonal noise. I'm sure they'll find some other hairy knucklehead to contribute another layer of Chugga-Chugga-Chugga grinding..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Well, it is significant news if you've been a fan for 10 years.

Of course they'll find someone else - they adapted and moved on after Rob Barrett left - but Jack's been there since the beginning.
    one-dimensonal noise

Sorry dude - maybe to the uninitiated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭hickm4

[I'm sure they'll find some other hairy knucklehead to contribute another layer of Chugga-Chugga-Chugga grinding.........]

So you have'nt seen them live or seen their new DVD, cause if you did you would see its a little more than Chugga-Chugga, I dont know many guitarist who could follow that stuff, the basic riffs are faster and more complex then alot of so called heavy bands solo's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

Sure, they can grind at an impressive speed but there isn't much consistency or diversity within the music..

Fair enough if you're a fan..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

My heart just wasn't in it anymore

well u cant say anything but fair do's better to step out than sell out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Originally posted by Bazz
    Sure, they can grind at an impressive speed but there isn't much consistency or diversity within the music..

Fair enough if you're a fan..

I've never been too impressed by them. It sometimes struck me that they must really hate their songs, given that they seem to like to get them over with so quickly.

It's a pity, because some of the slower stuff like "Staring through the eyes..." actually demonstrated that they could write tunes, semi-meaningful lyrics and still display a large degree of technical proficiency.

Most of it is an uninsteresting wall of noise with some of the most childish lyrics I've ever heard.

Advertisement