Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wanna do well i leaving

• 03-05-2004 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

But all my books are crap + I don't what things i should be studying. What books do you recommend + what parts of the course are sure things for the big LC. I do the following subjects.

English (H)
    Irish (H)
    Math (O)
    Geog (H)
    Bio (H)
    Eco (H)
    French (O)

thanks for your time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

What do you mean your books are crap? Do you use the "New Senior Biology" book? I personally think its great albeit a few mistakes in the Biochemistry of photosynthesis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

You barely need a book for Geog...just get a few notes in a rapid revision book for regional division, learn off the field study question and practice OS Maps and Aerial Photos...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sorry pal, you're screwed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

you done tell me do things i done runnin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by oeNeo

What the fuk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I hope you're a 5th year :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Ahhh GI Joe. The memories. Ide post a link but youve got a lewaving to study for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Who wants a body massaaaage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Your only graded on 6 subjects so why do seven? POINTS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Potato Head

GI Joe roolz.

www.iol.ie/~roxor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭.-=MR. JOE=-.

You're better doing 7 subjects. Then you hav one to fall back on if ya have a bad day for one. I'm personally doing 7 Honours, 1 pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by .-=MR. JOE=-.
    You're better doing 7 subjects. Then you hav one to fall back on if ya have a bad day for one. I'm personally doing 7 Honours, 1 pass

7 subjects - 6 honours, 1 pass, and LCVP - piss easy, nearly guaranteed 70 points as long as you've done a decent portfolio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Nedrac

i think the best thing you can do is take your head out of your £$% blow the dust of the books, and practice a few questions.

Personally i'm doing 6 honors one pass(irish). this is because if i gave up em.. Business and got straight A's I'd only be able to get 560. basically its to maximise the amount of points you can achieve.

Foot note:
    I'm not actually going to get straight A's sure all i need is straight D1's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Originally posted by StephenInsane
    I wanna do well i leaving

Well first things first...work on your english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

well for geography you need to have a good field study and know it off by heart!
    if you want a good one i can send it to ya, not boating but mine very good!

English is all about the gift of gab, If you can't be arsed learning read qoutews from famous people and throw them in to essay. I was told to go to lower level, but said no and went into exam and bull****ed on about nothing and got a B1, believe me i was no bright spark.

Economics is meant to be ok to get good in, just knowe formula's etc.

Biology (think the course changed recently) is all about cramming!

Your best hope is doin well in geography, really know you shit.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭.-=MR. JOE=-.

I'm doing Higher Level Geography and I'm not doing a Field study. The Aerial Photograph is much easier....very few questions they can ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 PCgirl

Isn't the LC in a few weeks?!
    Start cramming
    get exam papers and do loads of questions
    and just use the books you have .... its what they are marking on after all !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 TE0N

I'm doing Higher Level Geography and I'm not doing a Field study. The Aerial Photograph is much easier....very few questions they can ask.

Yes the photograph is handy..but as said above, "ye need the gift of the gab"..
    and that only comes on PCGIRLS advice (practice).

But on the other hand if ye have a top quality field study then thats easier to score high in, because they ask identical questions every year (apart from Part 5 which is usually taken from past years- again still easy to predict).

TEON

Advertisement