Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete Disgust

Options
  • 03-05-2004 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

Good Evening,

I am writing in relation to the way i have been treated over the past few days by one of boards moderators. The person in question is Ecksor, i had posted a thread in relation to starting a Simpsons forum as The Simpsons has become extremely popular in the Television forum and i thought The Simpsons deserved a long overdue forum of its own but to my disgust my idea was vetoed on three occasions.

In fairness it may have been a crap idea but the way it was cut short because 1) I didnt mention Ecksor in the opening sentence of the thread he locked the thread unfairly. As far as i was concerned the three main cheeses in the forum were DeVore, Regi & Cloud as they are the moderators, so i didnt feel the need to mention Ecksor. 2) Then on the second occasion I mentioned Ecksor but he closed a new thread because i didnt mention Vexorg.3) Finally in the last thread he plain and simply said no.

Tbh when ideas are thrashed out for a new forum they are obviously given time to find out whether it would be feasible and whether it was a good idea or not, but the complete childishness of Ecksor was uncalled for.

Yet again i state it may have been a bad idea and i maybe shouldn't of emphasized the idea as i did, but the fact of the matter it got to me the way i was treated in this instance. Boards is meant to be for the people and we wouldn't be breaking records like Devore said if we wern't listening to what the people had to say, the site is obviously meant to be democratic and not communist.

Yours Sincerely

Willem

Do Agree / Disagree ? 13 votes

I agree
    0% 0 votes
    I disagree
    100% 13 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I'd imagine ecksor was joking in the first thread when he said that you forgot to mention him as a reason for locking it.

The (probable) real reason is because there have already been suggestions for a Simpsons forum before.

The other threads you opened were just silly, and wouldn't have helped you in your cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by big willy
    i had posted a thread in relation to starting a Simpsons forum

Noooo you started THREE threads requesting a simpsons forum.
    It was brought up before said no we all agree it's not needed.
    To be frank I'm surprized you didn't get at least a week ban from here from Ecksor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Fight the power..

..or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Try doing a search on feedback/suggestions for threads relating to the idea you're putting forward before posting otherwise it will just get closed.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

diddums... ecksor was joking the first time (in fact he gave you a pointer in the *answer* he gave before the joke).

I dont know where people get the idea that ecksor has less right to make such decisions then any of the other admins. I dont always agree with them but he has ever right to make them... Ecksor and I may differ in how we handle things (I'm probably a lot more patient with people ... up to a point...) but beyond being too short on occasion (and having a thing about image-serving) we're pretty much in agreement.

sorry if you think we were short with you but we have a lot to do all day with this site and time is a factor!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by DeVore
    .....beyond being too short on occasion (and having a thing about image-serving) we're pretty much in agreement.

sorry if you think we were short with you but we have a lot to do all day with this site and time is a factor!

DeV.

FFS DeV, whats with all the short jokes??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

With a name like "big willy" how do you expect to be taken seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

fc89e40f.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by DeVore
    I dont always agree with them but he has ever right to make them... Ecksor and I may differ in how we handle things (I'm probably a lot more patient with people ... up to a point...) but beyond being too short on occasion (and having a thing about image-serving) we're pretty much in agreement.

DeV.

Thing about ecksor is you always know where you stand with the guy... in the cornor with the rest of the plebs. Now thats not an insult, I like the fact that as far as he is concerned the same rules apply to everyone moderator / member /muppet / housemate...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

ecksor was joking the first time (in fact he gave you a pointer in the *answer* he gave before the joke).

If Ecksor was joking why did he lock the thread. Wats up wit dat.
    I dont know where people get the idea that ecksor has less right to make such decisions then any of the other admins.

The point i was trying to make to ya dev was I took it as you, Regi and Cloud being the forum moderators and the top guys at boards. Ecksor seems to have a serious attidude.
    With a name like "big willy" how do you expect to be taken seriously?

No matter what my flamin name is i deserve the respect equalled to everyone else on boards. So I like everyone else deserve to be taken seriously and i refuse to have that taken against me. On another note Big Willy dose not refer to the size of my endowment but my name is willem and I am big. !!Period!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

do me a favour and take the web link out of your profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

No matter what my flamin name is i deserve the respect equalled to everyone else on boards. So I like everyone else deserve to be taken seriously and i refuse to have that taken against me. On another note Big Willy dose not refer to the size of my endowment but my name is willem and I am big. !!Period!!

ecksor treats everyone that way.. well almost everyone, some people get on his bad side, which can be funny to watch. You made three thread talkign about the same thing, do you not realize that error.

do me a favour and take the web link out of your profile.

I feel i must apolgise for this as this was not implicated by me and youve only just brought my attention to it. It has been changed.
    ecksor treats everyone that way.. well almost everyone, some people get on his bad side, which can be funny to watch. You made three thread talkign about the same thing, do you not realize that error.

Why this ecksor must feel the need to be like this is absolutely beyond me. This is not communist Russia or this is not the school yard. I posted the thread times as mark of defiance and if rebellion is an error than sue me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I posted the thread times as mark of defiance and if rebellion is an error than sue me.

I thought this wasnt communist russia?

When you post an Idea, and it gets rejected, let it go, dont post the same thing again and again, it wont help your case.

And search to see if its been proposed before in future.

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 krunchytheklown

I feel that "Big Willy" is being bitch slapped by ecksor who ever he is. Big Up Big Willy Mon. I am all in favour of your ideas and i wish to subscribe to your magazine sir.

When it komes krashin down and hurts inside,
    You got make a stand and dont you have to hide,
    If you hurt my big willy then it hurts inside,
    You gotta be a man and kant let slide,

Chorus( Everybody Sing It Now)

I am a real klown oh yes,
    Fight for the rights of every Simpson,
    I am a real klown oh yes,
    Fight Klown's Rights Fight For Willy's Life.

The Song Above Hulk Hogans Entrance Theme Tune.

Ps: Ecksor Dont Quit Your Day Job Whatever That Is.

HAAAAA HAAAAA

Krunchy the Klown
    Attorney Of Klowning Around

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Many moons ago, on a bulletin board far far away some wise words were once spoken.

"Boards.ie is not democracy, its a dictatorship."

remember those words and some day you won't get banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Damm the man! .. save the forum

I didn't realise this place was for the people ... I thought it was by the people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Humour on a serious Boards discussion??? Sangre must be turning in his grave... or rather his cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Boards is a privilege not a right!:ninja:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If Ecksor was joking why did he lock the thread. Wats up wit dat.
    Ecksor gave you the reason of the thread closure in: "this was discussed very recently iirc". You don't honestly think he would have closed the thread because he wasn't mentioned.

Respect is not a god given right. You must on the internet, just like RealLife(tm) earn respect. You cannot simply run in here and demand respect, you must first take a look around, meet people, see what the score is.

Also, the internet works in a slightly diffreant manner to RealLife(tm). You must not take things so seriously, most of the time people new to the internet are too dumb/slow to catch onto jokes, they are not used to the whole sarcasm without half a million differant smilies or somone person actually hinting to them the punch line. In time it will come to you.

And also, 99% of things that involve anything named remotly like a part of the male or female or even animal anotomy are taken as sexual referances. Its a state of mind that you overtake you after about a month in irc or hardcore Googling.

p.s. I am kewl.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

This thread needs more fascism.

Originally posted by amp
    This thread needs more fascism.

And goat sex. You cant get enough of that goat sex.

I've only returned to IRC for 2 days and it has already once again currupted my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Sangre must be turning in his grave... or rather his cell.

Who's Sangre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

While I share some of the disgust, it is only partial, but hopefully it will be complete when I meet my other deadlines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

...Wats up wit dat.... ...!!Period!!...
    For a start, that's enough to make me wish you never touch a computer again.

I posted my opinion on your Simpsons-thread idea in the original thread. I think the thread was irrationally locked and closed to further discussion, especially considering you are a relative newbie etc.

As for Ecksor. In most cases "stern but fair" would be a fair way to describe him. Now, I have had no personal run-ins with Ecksor, and don't think I will, as I'm not a tit and I follow the rules and general behaviour expectations of boards. However, I do think he has a problem with his "holier than thou" attitude. It annoys me from time to time, but then so do a lot of people on here.
    Hell, it's what make this place interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dr.Klownius

BIG UP WILLY MON U RULE MAN
    DONT BE TREATED LIKE SQUARE GET DOWN AND FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO POST

The funniest episode ever is were krusty isn't funny no more and bart, jay lenno, mr.tiny are bathing krusty and homer walks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Is it only me that sees the irony in Big Willy looking for a Simpson's forum while apparently lacking a sense of humour.

• Advertisement

Dear Boards,

I wish to apologise for my insolence over the past few days but I felt I had good reason to be disgusted. Apparently though you cant be disgusted on boards as you must respect people only if they have earned it. In regards to Winters respect is given to everyone, its your god given right to be respected as a person.

I’d like to re-iterate why I did what I did, I wished to setup a Simpsons forum for its appreciation. Ok apparently it had already been thrashed out in the feedback forum and I obviously didn’t know, as I was told on numerous occassions in this thread. It was also discussed in the Irc whether it’s the forum or the chat I didn’t know but yet because I didn’t know that I was branded a fool and should not be allowed touch a computer.

Further more I am not a tit and I have never in the two years since I registered broken the rules. I wont be taken any pops at anyone as they gang up to fight one fight on someone who crosses the line with different view’s or take on things. In two years since joining I have enjoyed what I have read and even though I have only a certain amount of posts to my name this dose not mean I am a fool or an idiot to be frank. I simply haven’t had a enough time to write as many posts as I would have liked. I also have a sense of humour otherwise I wouldn’t be requesting a Simpsons forum and if a sense of humour means being treated the way I did Ecksor has no sense of humour.

In to regards to Ecksor I apologise for bringing to light how you treat people but you should take a long hard look at yourself. If it was sarcasm implied in the first Thread it was not very funny nor the right way to treat someone’s idea. But lest I forget you seem to have god like status around here but yes that is warranted and I respect you and the work you have done and that goes for every other moderator, you are the reason this site is breaking records. All I am saying was this place is for ideas and a place for people to discuss things and this is why I brought forward the simspons idea so it could be discussed but cutting it short was unfair sarcasm or no sarcasm.

Yours Sincerely

Willem

Ps; I would prefer if people would not start threads in regards to starting trouble and that means “ krunchy the Klown” I don’t need your help its only a hinderence tbh, same goes for his alias “ Dr. Klowniuss”.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement