Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attacks on my PC

Options
  • 03-05-2004 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I've got NIS and NAV 2003 at home on my PC - everything is fully up to date. In the past few months I've seen a significant increase in the number of attacks (usually port scans) on my computer. NIS will flash up on the screen aomething like... "Someone is trying to remotely access your computer - Do you want to let them...." etc etc. Should I be relieved that NIS is picking up these attacks or should I be worried about what its not picking up.
    [Also I'm surprised at the frequency of the attacks - almost every time I dial up and stay online for more than 1/2 hr I'm fairly certain to be attacked.]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Nothing to worry about, just Norton doing its job,select "block" and then ticking the option "always use this action" on these warning windows will reduce the number of alerts, and enable silent blocking each time the firewall encounters that particular attack.

Advertisement