Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Gaza withdrawal still happening?

Options
  • 03-05-2004 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Just wondering. Does the defeat in the Likud party vote mean that the proposal is buried? If it does, it would probably mean Sharon's head! Anyone know anything about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

My understanding :

He initially said it would be a non-binding referendum.

Then he changed his mind.

Then he changed it back again, still prior to the vote.

He has since survived a vote of no confidence in the Knesset (sp?).

The current "stated plan" is apparently that he will review and amend the proposal, seeking greated support for it. However, he still technically has the ability to put it to the government (or even into force?) unchanged if he so wishes.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Hopefully no withdrawl will take place as the settlers have a right to be there.

Roll on the left wing insults....

Originally posted by woody
    Hopefully no withdrawl will take place as the settlers have a right to be there.

Well, when you're going to make a bare-assed statement like that they have a right to be there, knowing full well that its a contentious issue inside Israel, as well as in the world at large, and do all this without bothering to do anyone the courtesy of explaining why you belivee they have the right to be there....

its hardly surprising that the insults arrive. Your stance carries the same weight of arrogance that irritates people about the Israeli government - the impression that even being so much as asked to explain yourself would be somehow wrong.

Of course, apparently anyone so much as voicing disagreement with Israeli policy is being insulting in your book, from what I can gather from some of your previous foray's here, so yes...I fully expect the insults to roll on.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

I would'nt expect any less from people here than neither have been there,lived there and follow the media hype...They are there to stay and god willing for good.

I will not argue my point as it is the same old left wing, no-nothing people that rant on day in day out about the awful Israeli government...Have a Look at the So called PA governement pure terrorists....

Hail the Settlers and there stance against the world...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Well if god is on your side then your right i suppose....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I would'nt expect any less from people here than neither have been there,lived there and follow the media hype...They are there to stay and god willing for good.

I will not argue my point as it is the same old left wing, no-nothing people that rant on day in day out about the awful Israeli government...Have a Look at the So called PA governement pure terrorists....

Hail the Settlers and there stance against the world...

hail the ethenic cleansing and the terrorist israeli criminals

(sorry bonkey but i think this is the only kind of language he understands)

I would'nt expect any less from people here than neither have been there,lived there and follow the media hype

And you know this of me how, exactly?

I will not argue my point

Then what in the name of all that you hold good and holy are you doing getting involved in a discussion about whether or not it is right.

If you are not interested in discussing, then leave it to those who are.

as it is the same old left wing, no-nothing people that rant on day in day out about the awful Israeli government...

I've warned you before. Now I'm doing it for the last time.

If you cannot refer to the other posters on this board in a civil fashion, then I will ensure you never have the opportunity to refer to them on this board again.

And before you try and argue that this isn't a targetted insult because its referring to "people", I will point you at the sum total of one person who had made a comment before you launched into this abuse and vitriol.

At least most of those who disagree with you here do you the basic courtesies of both explaining/clarifying their points and of not being personally insulting

jc

Originally posted by Memnoch
    (sorry bonkey but i think this is the only kind of language he understands)

That doesn't make it acceptable. I won't accept it from woody, and I won't accept it from you.

I'm strongly suggesting you edit or delete that post. I'm insisting you don't make a comment like it again.

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭halkar

Maybe they do and Palestinians have the right to go back to their lands which are occupied by Israelis.

I think Sharon will press on further with his tactics though he also put Bush in mess when the plan didn't pass with his own party. Then again Bush as no clue of politics anyway. :rolleyes:

Advertisement