Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grad Nights

Options
  • 03-05-2004 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Do any other schools actually plan their grad nights, or is it all just whatever happens on the night? All we've been told so far is the date, and that there'll be a mass - we don't have any imput into it at all. Most of my year are 16-17, don't have ID, so I doubt we'll all get into any place decent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

We just had a mass in the school then headed into the local with a few of the teachers. Practically took over a bus into town(I still laugh at the memories of several guys on a Bus Eireann bus knocking back pints :)) and headed to a club. No one really planned it just kinda happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Our has been planned out - we've got a Grad Commitee. It's on in a decent Hotel outside town, band etc. We were gonna have a Champagne reception for an extra tenner but we didnt want it.

The Grad Night involves early drinking session, pre-grad drinking session, submit our 40 clam a piece ticket and get scalded. Stay awake for the night followed by a trip to the offie and a trip back into the school, consisting of abuse and a prank.
    This isin't til September though.

We have our Grad Mass next week - involving a mass, split to the pub for the night, hurl abuse and rocks at school on the way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by conZ
    Our has been planned out - we've got a Grad Commitee. It's on in a decent Hotel outside town, band etc. We were gonna have a Champagne reception for an extra tenner but we didnt want it.

Sounds more like a debs than a grad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

In my country, we call the 'debs' the Grad, and 'the grad mass' The Grad Mass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

don't think were havin a mass...
    we have to tell the commity how many tickets we'll be needin, and the name of the person were takin....4 2moro...
    ist the 21st july (wed), piss up b4, the debs, piss up after,house party,beach party, and as its on a wedensday, we'll all be goin out for the whole weekend after...the teachers idea!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Well we had a grad(uation) mass and pissup as described. This was when we finished school i.e. pre leaving. And we also had a Grads night - complette with tuxes, band dinner etc etc. This was late september, or was it early october. I had to register for college the next day, I look so hungover in my college ID :)

hmmmmmm......i need to get me a dress.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeha, after our graduation mass, one of the guy's dad's owned a pub close enough to the school, so we had the mass, then they closed off the upstairs of the pub for us. No hassle with ID and stuff obviously. There were a few teachers there too. Good laugh.

Originally posted by seamus
    Yeha, after our graduation mass, one of the guy's dad's owned a pub close enough to the school, so we had the mass, then they closed off the upstairs of the pub for us. No hassle with ID and stuff obviously. There were a few teachers there too. Good laugh.

One guy in our year owns a nightclub which is close(ish), but he's the poor little rich boy who everybody hates, so I don't think that will be happening. Sounds good though

were havin ours in daddys hotel, and were gettin the gazebo put up on the beach.
    hes openin the night club downstairs too.shud b fun!daddys not goin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I can't decide whether to go in a kilt or a baby blue ruffled tux...

kilt, definitly the kilt....with nothin underneath....you colud easily be taken advantage of.....;)

Originally posted by Kold
    I can't decide whether to go in a kilt or a baby blue ruffled tux...

You could always do the mix and match thing - the baby blue ruffles shirt/jacket/top-hat and then the kilt aswell?

Oh, and you'd probably also need one of those dancing canes and a gold monocle.

I'm not Scottish though :dunno: I think my mate Seb is going as a cowboy so I gotta beat that.

Originally posted by Kold
    I'm not Scottish though :dunno: I think my mate Seb is going as a cowboy so I gotta beat that.

So you're saying that a blue ruffled shirt, jacket and tophat wouldn't beat some guy wearing a cheap cowboy costume???

He wears the poncho to school...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

My grad mass is on the 25th. Think most of us are going into town after.
    Debs are on some time in september I think.
    We also have a dinner in the school on the 14th with the teachers where awards and stuff are presented....exciting stuff.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Graduation nights are usually far better than the debs tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Well mines on the 26th and we plan on goin into town after the mass dealy in the school. So if anyone else is in Bruxxels that night, I'll see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

heh, we're going down to the local park, out into the lake in the middle to the island and drinking away. after the usual pranks :) dont actually have a grad night so its just out on the piss :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

We booked a place. Its on the 27th. Should be good. Loads of teachers coming too.

Canne wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

We had a mass in the school church which was surprisingly good. Then on to the ref for a meal. A few students planned a party in a pub and book an upstairs function room. Half of the people didn't get in but eventual someone opened a back door and the place filled up. We all went on to a club and I must admit it was a very good day. I suggest all the leaving certs enjoy their last few weeks of school. I loved the whole experience and at times even miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Mines on the 20th, and not much school till then...

Monday - Half Day
    Tuesday - Sports Day
    Wednesday - Graduation practice, set up our gear on stage etc (we have a band playing the songs, i play the guitar)
    Thursday - Graduation.

Never thought i'd ever see the day where i'd never have to go back, feels weird.

We've been practicing for the mass for about 6 weeks. Heading off into Spirit afterwards for a few beers.

Originally posted by Jammer Heading off into Spirit afterwards for a few beers.

Can't wait until we go out for our grad night. My year is full of people who just can't hold their drink at all - there's going to be at least 2 people hospitalised, and probably loads of alcohol related fighting. Should be great craic to watch it all, even if it does mean you have to be a bit more "responsible" with your drink taking.

Advertisement