Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 5 Stupid Bush Quotes

• 03-05-2004 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭

Hi,

As you may have geussed by the title of this thread, I am NOT A BUSH FAN. I have set up this thread to try and create a list of stupid George W. Bush quotes. I have compiled 5 to start, but would greatly appricciate and laugh at any contirbutions you would like to make.

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here." —Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." —Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.'' —George W. Bush, Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001"

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

monkey_bush.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

TOP 10 AS SELECTED BY DUBYASPEAK VIEWERS

10. At this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly outta Ronald Reagan Airport.
    9. Laura and I will thank them from the bottom of my heart.
    8. When you have your own money, it means you've got more money to spend.
    7. The benefits of helping somebody is beneficial.
    6. We're in for a long struggle, and I think Texans understand that. And so do Americans.
    5. Sometimes when I sleep at night I think of "Hop on Pop".
    4. I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.
    3. And one of the things we've got to make sure that we do is anything.
    2. We're making the right decisions to bring the solution to an end.
    1. Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better.

TOP 10 AS SELECTED BY THE EDITOR (from the remainder of the collection)

10. I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war.
    9. I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well.
    8. You teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.
    7. No, I know all the war rhetoric, but it's all aimed at achieving peace.
    6. My mom often used to say, "The trouble with W" -- although she didn't put that to words.
    5. In 1994, there were 67 schools in Texas that were rated "exemplorary" according to our own tests.
    4. I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe -- I believe what I believe is right.
    3. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease.
    2. I understand small business growth. I was one.
    1. Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.

http://www.dubyaspeak.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Hey,

Some funny quotes up there. Still looking for more.

Thanks,

::: Y o u s s e f :::

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Originally posted by dangerman
    10. I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war.
    But in that case, he was probably right! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

"most of our imports come from overseas"

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭m4cker

how does this man not fall down more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

hehe, some great quotes there. nice one....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Bush is so dumb, its unreal! The worrying thing is he is running the most powerful country in the world. :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Agent7249

Give the dog a bone, or in this case, the most powerful army on the globe.

When did the americans ever have a president they truely liked and who was not surrounded with some sort of scandal?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Couldn't imports come from Canada or somewhere else in America outside the US?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

you can tell that lot of these quotes have been taken waaay out of context.
    4. I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here.

could be a joke
    I've been to war. I've raised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war.

..another joke; he's a funny guy!
    Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease.

there IS a country in africa called (*drum roll*) South Africa

its far too easy to look a picture of bush next to a monkey and decide you dont like his policies, and to read a prepared list of the 20 dumbest things a person has ever said and consider yourself informed is just lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

number 10 is a good one imaging having that muppet as president :p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Ziggy-Stardust

I can only think of one offhand:
    "A higher voting turnout means more people are going to the polls", but I'll look for more. These quotes are great, I might even put a few on my picket sign for when he visits my town and I go to protest. Fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

what a dumbie :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

"It's amazing I won. I was running against peace, prosperity and incumbency."

June 14 2001
    speaking to a Swedish Prime Minister, unaware that a live tv camera was still on.

"I want our children to be the best educated Americans in the world."

"Foreign relations has a lot to do with other countries."

Advertisement