Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is your first priority in life? *Poll*

• 03-05-2004 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

I make an assumption that the age of the board's posters ranges between 20 and 35/40 ...I was just wondering what are your priorities in life?

I am 26 (nearly 27) and at this moment of my life i would say that career is very important to me, although other things as love, friendship,money,family,etc
    are important too.
    Probably because I am a very rational person who always likes planning, and looking at the future rather than enjoying the moment I think that career development gives me more security, and this is why I would put it a the top of the list.

Just courios to know what your opinions are?

What is your first priority in life? 50 votes

Career development
    0% 0 votes
    (find) My true love
    14% 7 votes
    My friends
    34% 17 votes
    My family
    8% 4 votes
    Money, no matter how they come to me
    24% 12 votes
    Have fun
    20% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

even though its not listed... I'll say my first priority in life is to be happy no matter what I do or where I find myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I chose have fun , although im not in your age assumption , only 16.

Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Originally posted by T-b0n3
    I chose have fun , although im not in your age assumption , only 16.

Adam

I think at 16 this is the smartest choice. If you asked me this 10 years ago (I am 26 now) I would have answered like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Learning more about life, the universe and everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

There's no option for:
    God help me I have no idea... life is so fu<ked up I don't know where to start :dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Heroin

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

the fact that the highest selected option (at this time) is "career development"

and that "happiness" is not even an option.....makes me want to cry, seriously, why is this world so ****ed?:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I choose fun, and my sig
    but i consider my sig to be a fun thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Basically, my family and extended family come first, then my friends, then finding a true love, if that ever happens :\ Happiness is important too though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    There's no option for:
    God help me I have no idea... life is so fu<ked up I don't know where to start :dunno:
    I wanted to pick an option like that.
    picked have fun instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Originally posted by simu
    Learning more about life, the universe and everything!

the answer is 42 but whats the question?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Family, has to be family!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

money tbh, without it u cant do any of the other things on that list, think about it, how can you have fun without money??? playing with sticks isnt my kind of thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fun and money...
    hard to have both at the same time though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by rymus
    even though its not listed... I'll say my first priority in life is to be happy no matter what I do or where I find myself.

i would agree with rymus on this one, to be happy within myself is my first priority..
    the answer is 42 but whats the question?????

hehe :D

i was surpirsed to see before when the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy was brought up that just how many people have actually read it, i was pleasantly surprised

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

At the moment my programming project and having fun. In the long term I'd say career development as it will more than likely give me some security in later life.

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Funny to see that friendship doesn't mean a lot in the poll.... :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Happiness, Love, Money in that order. However, it must be said Happiness and Love involve Family & Friends...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I say money, it's what makes the world go round. Lets face it without it your ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

"To keep one's feet in the midst of the hostile mass meant life, and he learned this well. He became catlike in his ability to stay on his feet. Even grown dogs might hurtle him backward or sidewise with the impact of their heavy bodies; and backward or sidewise he would go, in the air or sliding on the ground, but always with his legs under him and his feet downward to the mother earth."

Think about it.
    Bonus points for identifying the source of that quote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Living life on the edge. Even though thats not listed, and I do not fit your age range assumption.

Advertisement