Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request: Cheap tent

• 03-05-2004 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

anyone know where i could buy a cheap tent,2 man if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lidl have a tent coming up soon in their special offers methinks. Check out their homepage for current and future special offers

Lidl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I'm pretty sure Argos are doing a special right now for a 2 man tent, 2 mummy sleeping bags and 2 bed mats, and 2 rucksacks for around 75 Euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by tw0nk
    anyone know where i could buy a cheap tent,2 man if possible.

I always got mine on Top of Talbot Street (spike end) or on Capel Street (near Mary Street) - There are army surplus stores there that used ot sell them really cheap. make sure you get one of them rolly up foam thingies for lying on for a couple of euros - really worth lugging around.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by deadl0ck
    I'm pretty sure Argos are doing a special right now for a 2 man tent, 2 mummy sleeping bags and 2 bed mats, and 2 rucksacks for around 75 Euro

80 quid on page 20 of catalogue, its grand can get 4 in at a push if you sharing sleeping bags ;)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

cool thanks everyone, i like the look of the offer in argos,i might have a look see,im only really interested in it so i can use it for oxygen festival,its gonna be a cracker!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

I got one for 20 quid in that shop on talbot st last year. They had a big sign outside saying "cheapest in dublin" and one of the tents hanging above the shop door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Ah sure if you're only interested in a tent for Oxegen then go for the Lidl one if its still going. Its only something like €14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by tw0nk
    cool thanks everyone, i like the look of the offer in argos,i might have a look see,im only really interested in it so i can use it for oxygen festival,its gonna be a cracker!

for a festival get a tent that uses bendy poles to keep it up - they take only 1 minute to put up.
    traditional cables and tieropes are way too much hassle esp if its raining.

“Roll it back”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 the_funkyguy

Army Value on Capel St in dublin,
    €20 for a two man tent, good quality as well
    some tents are sh1t, no top sheet...

Originally posted by ozmo
    for a festival get a tent that uses bendy poles to keep it up - they take only 1 minute to put up.
    traditional cables and tieropes are way too much hassle esp if its raining.

Im interested in this bendy poles tent,are they reliable and do they take much effort to repack?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

the Lidl site is updated with tent details

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20040513.index

thanks slave1 but that is a little too big for what i had in mind,good price though for the tent!

Advertisement