Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the magic of airbrushing

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I hate a lot of things that this girl does, but for fcuk sake leave her alone.
    She's only human after all, and does put in a lot of hard work. I'd love to see a pic of you sometime with no makeup on, completely stressed out, having about 20 cameras pushed in your face all day (look at the pics again).

Wise up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

c'mon sinecure there is no excuse for not washing your face.
    I get stressed ...I still wash ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

.....sheesh

why do people care>?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Who the **** cares anyway
    this whole thread is sad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

I concur...

not a major contribution but....BAH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I disagree, that thread is funny. Especially the naked guy behind the paprazzi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Old, I posted that about two days ago in irc.....

YOU'RE SO BEHIND THE TIMES!

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

19610 posts...

Wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I still say shes hot :)
    britney_spears229005jpg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR !!

hur hur hur

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Who gives a sh*t? The shallow sheep who read the tabloids?
    WOW! "Celebrity" Scandal & Gossip!!!

Get a life....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Exactly. Imagine seeing a headline in a newspaper saying 'Woman goes outside without make-up!', because that's exactly what this is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

digi_S391_Britney.jpg

you would be mad not to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

mad indeed...

yeah ya got me

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

the point was that you cant **** her, because that britney spears doesn't exist. she's the creation of hours of make-up and altered photos.

i currently am very stressed with exams and i actually rarely wear make-up, but i still look a damn sight better than that :p

i am not being bitchy or anything its not a 'scandal' i was actually just truly surprised at the difference. i know she's make-uped and airbrushed to perfection, but i assumed she looked pretty good to begin with anyway
    /me shrugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

i was shocked too...i really didnt think her skin was that bad.poor girl.

i still wouldnt kick her out of bed for farting, sure not everyone looks their best at 3 in the morning but hey in actual fact it makes her more real

thank you please

edit - point taken though, there is a BIG difference lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

normal_90.jpg

Ya really think he's getting nakey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Theres nothing stoppting to tell those guys to GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME ! Shes letting them be there, so they wont stop out of politeness !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Seraphina

the point was that you cant **** her, because that britney spears doesn't exist. she's the creation of hours of make-up and altered photos.

i currently am very stressed with exams and i actually rarely wear make-up, but i still look a damn sight better than that :p

i am not being bitchy or anything its not a 'scandal' i was actually just truly surprised at the difference. i know she's make-uped and airbrushed to perfection, but i assumed she looked pretty good to begin with anyway
    /me shrugs

Are you comparing the stress of exams to that of being a world famous popstar travelling the world and earning a few million a year?

If you've spend some time in the US you'd realise that most girls in the US wear buckets of makeup, and its done so well that they could make a granny look like a 18yr old. You just never know whats under there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Haha poor Seraphina, all you do is moan about models and cry sexist any time someone says an unattractive girl is unattractive... "Oh you guys think you have model girlfriends!?!?!?!"

How about you wake up and realise some people are better looking than you, i've never seen you but assume you're probably below average so get that chip off your shoulder.

And before you post any random gibberish back, no i don't consider myself to be amazing looking but at least i don't post whiney posts about better looking people every chance i'm given...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I heard somewhere that shes doing playboy... i think it was newstalk, so hardly an unreliable source.....

I think its demeaning for women :D

Flogen

Originally posted by Funky
    Haha poor Seraphina, all you do is moan about models and cry sexist any time someone says an unattractive girl is unattractive... "Oh you guys think you have model girlfriends!?!?!?!"

How about you wake up and realise some people are better looking than you, i've never seen you but assume you're probably below average so get that chip off your shoulder.

And before you post any random gibberish back, no i don't consider myself to be amazing looking but at least i don't post whiney posts about better looking people every chance i'm given...

ehhh. you clearly dont actually read my posts at all.
    i wasn't being bitchy, or whiney or complaining cause she is better looking than me, like i said i was genuinely surprised at the difference.
    i have never EVER complained about someone being sexist and saying an unattractive girl is unattractive. i think i made a comment when someone said charlotte church is fat when she's not, but that's about it.
    i obviously realise there are alot of better looking women than me, i'm not a ****ing idiot. hell i'd be the first person to say it.
    quit making pathetic generalised comments about someone who's posts you dont even read.

oh and Ricardo, as everyone knows, she spent ****ing years whoring herself to record companies to be where she is. she got wanted, she should be happy.

I remember the thread where some guy posted a picture and said "what do you think of this wan" or whatever and it turned into a bit of a flamefest, where anyone who said she wasn't attractive got a mouthful from you or her boy friend. What you said was along the lines of "you guys think you have model girlfriends..." i consistently see posts by you in PI and places like that ALWAYS moaning along these lines...

I'm not trying to flame you personally but perhaps you should get that chip in your shoulder for mainstream 'beautiful' people looked at.... Although what am i saying, you said you're better looking than Britney, no need to listen to a mere mortal like me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Yeah there is a huge difference. but hell, she looks like she has had a long hard day... Her job is not easy, you would look like sh** too... TBH I would still hit it! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

noone looks good every day.. tbh, she looks better than i do after a night on the tear:D .. she looks real now and prob this will make her more attractive as she is somewhat more achieveable.. :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

yee cant all be as pretty as me.

Originally posted by Doodee
    yee cant all be as pretty as me.

:D .. no, all we can do is try

• Advertisement

:rolleyes: that was a ****ing joking jesus.
    you consistently see posts like that from me? eh. i think you have a very selective memory. i remember that thread, i thought the girl wasn't bad looking and loads of people were saying she was a dog which i thought was a bit harsh. as far as i can remember i only made one post on that thread so everyone can't have gotten a mouthful. i dont have any chip on my shoulder about good looking people and i dont ALWAYS moan in PI and places like that.

and if that isn't a personal flame i dont know what is.
    you called me moany, whiney, said i had a chip on my shoulder and are making assumptions about my looks from about 4 or 5 posts of mine that you've read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

/me throws cold spaghetti bolognese at Merc.

MEANIE! >_<

i just dislike being accused of something i didn't do. jesus one or two posts and all of a sudden im constantly moaning about celebrities looks or something

p.s your ickle dancing man rocks.

now lads.. to be fair to seraphina (even though she called me a mong on the fake tan thread), i think you may all be missing the point she is trying to make..

the whole airbrushing thing is taking a battering because it is portraying unreal women.. therefore women are pressurised into trying to match or be like these 'perfect' models or stars.. how is it possible when they themselves cannot even be that perfect.. to see them natural, and i do still think britney looks good even on an off day, is a bit of a shock as we are so often looking at the airbrushed versions..

i think the 'shock' factor here is what seraphina is trying to show.. not that she herself is equally as babelicious.. then again, whos to say she is not...

now stop all the crying.. britney is still gorgeous.. your dreams are not shattered.. Yet.. :D

thank you Lainey. i'm sorry for calling you a mong (even though it wasn't directed at you specifically)

like i've said four times already, it was really more my immense surprise at what the airbrushing actually does. i'm not saying the 'real' britney is so ugly or anything, but what i didn't realise is how different she can actually look.
    i should really not reply to this thread anymore...

Selective memory? nah i just don't read every thread on boards, i usually avoid the "LOL huGz" boardsie threads, so the ones i do read whatever i see written by you is usually, yes, moaning about pretty girls or, moaning at lads for saying not pretty girls aren't pretty... but whatever you're clearly going to go on denying this in your head so whats the point.

• Advertisement

eh...
    lol hugz boardsie threads?
    well im not part of that either so your clearly making more dumb assumptions. you're convinced all my posts involve complaining about pretty girls, and you can think what you want to think, but i wrote them so i know otherwise
    /me shrugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

seraphina i think us should post a pic of yourself to prove ur better looking than BS like that ;)

arg how many time must i say that was a joke!
    did EVERYONE COMPLETELY MISS THE :p ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Sheesh Funky, put a sock in it.

Don't cry girlies, bit of criticism could do you some good....

Oh sorry i meant faP UnF *MOAN*
    Boards girls are hot... /me faints

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol

you're all idiots :)

cept merc, naturally.

Don't cry girlies, bit of criticism could do you some good....

bit o slapping might do you some good too.
    i can take criticism
    however i wont take dumb assumptions you came to after briefly scanning a few of my posts.
    the ability to actually listen to(or read and pay attention to) what other people could also do you some good.
    less of that smart attitude too.

Haha.

A good few people i know recognised the same trend in your posts so whatever...
    I'll leave it now. Don't get too bitter, you're probably still young.

Haha.

A good few people i know recognised the same trend in your posts so whatever...
    I'll leave it now. Don't get too bitter, you're probably still young.

there's always a handy 'good few people' behind every retard on boards.

There's always a bucketload of retards in #boards.ie =]

everyone always has a 'good few people' to back them up

you're no different i see.

good luck with that.

lol, too true.

but seeing as I've just been giving out to seraphina for arguing with retards online, I'm not about to start.

slán.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

arguing on the internet is like taking...... yada yada im sure u know it by now

Good luck with being bitter about life, it'll get you far I'm sure, especially when you have better looks than Britney Spears. =)

candy from babies?

(edit)

my left foot is more attractive than britney spears, and it's got more of a personality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement