Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 GPRS & ISP not working???

Options
  • 04-05-2004 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

As the title says,

I had these settings working on various different phones, but they seem to have given up recently???

Anybody else having problems?

Actually, I am VERY surprised I haven't seen this posted here before now as this is causing problems for me for the last week or so

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

haven't noticed any problems over the last week - used it around Dublin city and south suburbs and it's been fine for me when I've connected (using 'internet' APN)

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Cheers Brian
    I dunno

I have all the usual settings

GPRS, WAP, MMS, Internet access point....... using on 7650 at the moment???? I'll have to contact them and see whats up. I am in Laois/Kildare, BUT was in Dublin today and still no luck, so I dunno whats up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

mine's the same :/ don't know why....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 knicker

Eh, how's about posting some symptoms or your current settings?!?!?!!!!

Telepathy isn't my strong point..........

APNs, Proxy/WAP G/W address, ports etc...

AP internet
    services attempted email + wap2.0(without proxies)

both worked for like 2 days after i got me new fone and now neither work with connection errors....dunno why......

• Advertisement

what did their Internet/WAP support (1740 or emailing their support At o2.ie) say when you contacted them?

browsing over the 'internet' connection would be using their web ISP "service" (not WAP), might have been via a browser that can handle multiple content via different connections (like the internal browser in the P800/P900)

BrianG

they went off sending me setting's using the nokia site ;)

if you had it working then it suddenly stopped and you hadn't changed any settings etc. they should really look into it a bit more than sending you out more settings, as long as it is a supported handset...

what handset are you using, and what's the current GPRS config set up in the handset?

BrianG

try this, was in grafton street today, it worked fine, back down by westland row and don't work at all again :/

i've used other gprs handset's here before no problems like.....

what handset are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

GPRS here is notoriously bad. i only have experience of O2 admittedly, but I've had no end of trouble with it not working randomly.

not to mention that I'm on pre-pay and the costs are disgustingly high.

i spent about 30 minutes trying to connect to do something important a few weeks back (unsucessfully, I might add) and the damn thing chewed right through 20e worth of credit. fvcking disgraceful. to top it off o2 wouldn't do a thing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭pleba

Vibe
    One of your earlier posts has the following
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    my point of view I'm not goig to say anything cos at the moment I've not been charged for GPRS usage at all from what I can see, and I've been using it quite a bit for web, and email.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    i thought you werent being charged

Originally posted by DubWireless
    what handset are you using?

only other issue i have is that the mp3 player is a bit ****ed and jumps all over the place in some mp3's, tho some update ought to fix that.........

Originally posted by Serialkiller

only other issue i have is that the mp3 player is a bit ****ed and jumps all over the place in some mp3's, tho some update ought to fix that.........

ah ok - not really fair to balme the network though when using an unsupported handset as it could well be an issue with the handset / software version

hopefully future updates may also fix your your GPRS issues...

if its the handset surely it would either not work in any cell or work in them all? instead of random cell's working.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sarahdb83

I have a 6220 the past 3 months with my O2 sim and have never been able to get on to it at all even though i have all the settings in my phone properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Originally posted by pleba
    i thought you werent being charged
    yeah, I wasn't, but they caught up with me eventually, unfortunately. cost me about 40 quid in top-up's (well, I got 2x 20e top-up's and the following morning I had E4.30 odd left of credit) in the end, so I've just about completely stopppe dusing GPRS all together now because I just can't afford it any more. ridiculous.

as an IT contractor it's handy having the net at my fingertips, but it's just not cost effective most of the time. i'm lucky that I have net access where I'm working at the moment, but it's not always the case, so I need that option there sometimes. I plan on using the WAP site on mail2web (low bandwidth) and I'll keep a copy of my CV in my mailbox so I can forward it on. I had been keeping a copy on my XDA to shoot out to people as and when, but at 36kb it's costing me a euro and a half each time I send it before I even add in the cost of the message. if I send it to 20 people it soon adds up.

tbh since i got that big post dated charge off them for using it (still not sure if it's legal for them to do that on a PAYG account) I've been scared off using the damn thing. it's sitting at home now, and I'm using my old 3310.

c'est la vie!

Originally posted by Serialkiller
    if its the handset surely it would either not work in any cell or work in them all? instead of random cell's working.....

unfortunately early software revisions can (and frequently) have issues but that's the risk you take using a handset before it's passed and supported by the operator

issues related to it's performance on the network while it is not yet supported isn't really their problem - of course when it is supported and you are using an up to date firmware release that passed testing then of course you'd expect it to work reliably and that they would support you in resolving any issues :)

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

sounds like normal service in O2 TBH :(

my 7250 is up n down as well.

M

Advertisement