Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ford focus engine noise

Options
  • 04-05-2004 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

i have a problem with my focus when i start it from cold i get a whining noise between 1500 and 2000 revs but once the engine heats up the noise dissappears any1 ever heard of this or had similar problem

appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

auxiliary drives belt, those rubber things that drive your alternator and a/c compressor etc, get it checked at next service, they are probably a fraction slack.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

that happens to my focus aswell, especially noticable in winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 TabluaRasa

You might want to check that the sound is actually the engine, there was loud whine coming from underneath ours and after a bit of investigation on the car and a look on the internet it turned out that there was a recall on our (00) Focus and ther had to replace both wheel/brake units at back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bop1977

Originally posted by TabluaRasa
    You might want to check that the sound is actually the engine, there was loud whine coming from underneath ours and after a bit of investigation on the car and a look on the internet it turned out that there was a recall on our (00) Focus and ther had to replace both wheel/brake units at back.

i dont think its the brakes because the noise happens when the car is stationary and i rev the engine.

also what models were affected by the recall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

sirlinux is 99% likely to be right - high pitched noises from the front are nearly always fanbelt or auxilory belt related. It's a quick job for a garage to adjust the tension.

• Advertisement

Not sure what model numbers are involved with brake problem, but here is a site (from the US) that descibes the problem.

Advertisement