Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg became an Illegal Organisation today.

• 04-05-2004 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

They have been operating with only two commissioners for too long. It seems that they now have no authority to make decisions over anything until the third is appointed, has anyone heard any more about this .

M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ne'e'r a thing. The Communications (Regulation) Act 2002 s14 ss1 says that the Commission shall consist of at least one member and not more than three members. I can't see anything in there that indicates that there's any restriction on decisions, even if there's only one commissioner.

Is someone in Comreg using this as a get-out-of-trouble card? Either way, appointing someone competent as the third would make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I think you are right Sceptre, the story I heard would be something like the scenario provided for in Section 17 of the same Act . It implies that either Doherty or the invisible woman is in some way incapacitated and that no deputy has been duly appointed.

Has anyone seen or heard from the invisible woman since she was appointed ?

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Are we in the right forum here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Muck
    I think you are right Sceptre, the story I heard would be something like the scenario provided for in Section 17 of the same Act . It implies that either Doherty or the invisible woman is in some way incapacitated and that no deputy has been duly appointed.
    I suppose it's possible, especially if you read it in the way you've mentioned. At the same time, section 21 appears to pretty much allow anyone at Comreg to do anything they like on behalf of Comreg if the commission says they can. This would obviously require Goggin and Doherty or just Doherty to OK that beforehand.
    Has anyone seen or heard from the invisible woman since she was appointed ?
    It's funny actually as, if I recall correctly, quite a few of us had some hope at the beginning that, given her background, she'd give Comreg some balls. And she's done a Hanafin and just disappeared.

Advertisement