Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsource and Home Use

• 04-05-2004 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

I'm choosing a dsl isp at the moment, I know of some people who have netsource for home use but are they still allowing home users to get the dsl?

I just rang them and they said "It's a business to business service".

I want it because of the 2 month contract but i'll go with iol plus if i have to, you'd think they'd take money off anyone who wanted to get their dsl, there are caps in place now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

I have the 1Mb (enterprise) package at home and its in my own personal name.

I use it exclusively for personal use.

My money is going to them (not eircom), i get good thruput, good pings and a decent 24Gb cap :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

Did you get it recently? I think they've changed their policy on home users, got this reply from them:
    Unfortunately Netsource are purely a business to business
    Internet Service Provider - i.e. we must have a company name
    and address for billing purposes.

Some companies do order broadband connections from
    us for their staff to use from home - but this is the only
    circumstance in which we can offer connections to a home
    user. We don't provide connections for the home user market itself.

Unless I make up a company name and leave the company reg. number blank :)

Originally posted by Shamo
    Did you get it recently? I think they've changed their policy on home users, got this reply from them:

Unless I make up a company name and leave the company reg. number blank :)

Or say your a self employed and use your own name - Implying you do some work from home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Shamo

Originally posted by STaN
    Or say your a self employed and use your own name - Implying you do some work from home.

Would they still not ask for a reg. number?

Originally posted by Shamo
    Would they still not ask for a reg. number?

No, if you are self employed you do not have a registered number. And you are also allowed to trade under your own name :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I know someone who called them recently and they asked for his VAT no.

...just pick one out at random and that should sort it. Its just a qualifying question..nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

if your stuck then www.cro.ie and company search and type something like, painters and get the name and RBN :)

Advertisement