Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Results/Spoilers

• 04-05-2004 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

A Pay-Per-View style opening package for the main event was displayed to open the show. The standard opening, with updated video clips, followed. Evolution’s theme hit, and the stable came to ringside, minus one member: Ric Flair. Hunter is looking in terrible shape next to Orton and Batista. He is not just lacking muscle tone, he seems puffy. The three took on Shelton Benjamin, Tajiri and Edge. The big moment came early, occurring when Edge and Hunter would meet for the first time. He wrestled with all three members of Evolution, fairing well until his damaged hand was driven into the ring post. Edge finally got the hot tag, to Tajiri of all people. Amazingly the Japanese Buzzsaw cleared house, nearly pinning Hunter on a second attempt at a tornado DDT. Batista recovered and made the save, countering a handspring elbow attempt before the commercial.

Tajiri was fighting hard, but was clearly overwhelmed by the methodical attacks of Evolution. Orton went down for a round of punches to the face, but Tajiri snaked out in a rather amazing spot, and then delivered a vicious kick to Randy’s head. Edge was tagged back in and was on fire. He took out all of Evolution (looking a little sloppy as he did so) before setting up the spear for Orton. Batista broke it up unfortunately and Shelton finally got into the ring. The match degenerated at this point, with all six men in at once. Shelton manhandled Batista and took him outside. Orton readied the RKO, but Tajiri nailed a kick during the set up for the maneuver. Batista was back in, and once more taken out by Edge. Edge nailed the spear on Orton finally, and scored the pin. Edge, Shelton Benjamin and Tajiri defeated Evolution via pin fall. At some point Batista was blasted in the eyes with the green mist while attempting to power bomb Tajiri, but I lost track of exactly when it happened.

Backstage, the Coach and his new boy Garrison Cade were discussing the state of women in Phoenix. Vince McMahon walked up, here to see the Championship match. He puts both competitors over. His presence worries me, greatly. The Smackdown! rebound was next. The announcers mention that Eddie’s mother’s suffered a heart attack after the show last week. I don’t know whether to hope Eddie’s mother is alright or if the WWE has the class not to work such a thing. In Mr. Bishoff’s office Evolution were complaining. Johnny Nitro came with the news of Vince being in the house. Eric settles Evolution’s problems, making matches between Batista and Tajiri, Hunter and Shelton Benjamin and Randy Orton and Edge.

Hurricane was facing Rob Conway in your throwaway match of the night. Rob won the match; Rob Conway defeated the Hurricane via pin fall with a move that resembled the “Roll the Dice” finisher, only starting with your opponent suspended over the top rope. Rob got on the ring microphone to threaten Eugene for next week, apparently to get over how tough Conway is. Funny, I cannot remember the last time a member of La Résistance won a match. The tale of the tape ran down the competitors in tonight’s main event.

The new sick Kane angle, with Kane daring to force himself on Lita, is shown in a vignette. Kane had a match against Steven Richards, so we all know what happened. Kane defeated Steven Richards via pin fall. One squash match later and Kane was running from the ring to the backstage.

The host of the Highlight Reel entered. His guest was announced as Matt Hardy. Jericho mentions that tonight’s Highlight is the Shawn Michaels versus Chris Benoit match. His prediction is that it has been far too long since he has had a title match of his own. He challenged the winner of the main event tonight. He seemed to slip, revealing that HBK would win tonight. He introduced his guest, whom is having problems with Kane to reconcile his differences with his ex. Matt believes in karma, Matt is not afraid of Pain. Matt says he wants to rectify his mistakes. Matt asks Lita to the ring, because he has a question to ask her. Lita was on the TitanTron, looking scared in that “I’m a hostage” way. She claims to have never loved Mr. Version 1 and that she has found something else. She breaks down into tears, begging for help in the basement. Of course Kane walks in, and Lita’s screams and Matt’s flight abruptly ends the Highlight Reel. Or does it? Stable Christian walks out. Christian is upset at Chris putting his hands on him and his angel Trish. That is a problem, but he has a problem solver now. Thompson Tomko rushes the ring, and he, Christian and Trish attack Jericho in unison to deliver the beating.

During the commercial break Matt Hardy Version 1 found Lita in the boiler room. He untied her, and she claimed he didn’t touch her. The two hugged to end the segment. Gail Kim comes to the ring to tell the world Lita got what she had coming to her. Victoria interrupts, still looking too happy to listen to Tatu music. Victoria played the role of the super-strong face until Molly came to ringside, helping Gail cheat whenever possible. Victoria was being beaten, but suddenly staged a comeback. The new submission of Gail Kim ended in, and the Champion was forced to tap up! Gail Kim defeated Victoria via submission. In a previously taped segment William Regal was talking to a trainer about training Eugene. Eugene was flopping around in the ring behind him, and Regal promised to put him through a torture session.

Back at the Training Facility, Regal was set to teach Eugene some arm drags. Eugene does his perfectly, and in fact performs every maneuver Regal shows on him perfectly. This was done with carious camera angles complete with music for that eighties montage segment. Eugene would out-wrestle William Regal to Flight of the Valkyries. I wish I made this up. The announcers hyped the various matches booked for next week. He announces that next week Christian and Jericho would settle their differences with no outside interference, thanks to a fifteen foot high steal cage.

The main event was next. They had a half hour left of show to fill, so they are really expecting this to be big. Stiff match from the get go, with each man delivering text book wrestling offence to wear one another down. Benoit attempted the cross face early, but HBK managed to fight out of it. Both men were knocked down before the commercial cut in.

During the commercial Shawn took control, tossing the Champion over the top to the outside. In the ring, HBK used an abdominal stretch and a vertical suplex to control the punishment on Chris. HBK hit the elbow drop from the top, and set up Sweet Chin Music. Benoit ducked it, and delivered three German Suplexes in a row. The Champion called for the head butt, but Shawn was beginning to get up. So Benoit gave him another release German. Then, I lost track of this excellent match. Honestly, I was too busy enjoying it to type. I do know Michaels suplexed Benoit out of the ring, and then gave Chris a moonsault from the top rope to the outside! As went to commercial Benoit’s forehead looked like a cheese grater was taken to it.

We came back to an absolutely fantastic match. It seemed as though Shawn was ready to win from the return, but Benoit took control. Then, well you know how wrestling works right? There was lots of back and forth action, with near submissions and great spots. Shawn was in the cross face, but twice Shawn’s foot made it to the ropes. Shawn tried another super kick, which was countered and nearly turned into the sharpshooter. Benoit wanted it really badly, so he tried to lock it on again. HBK kicked up, knocking the Champion into the official. Both men were down, and when they got up HBK finally hit the super kick. Shawn crawled over for the pin, but the official was unconscious. Triple H ran down to the ring and gave HBK the pedigree. Chris Benoit awoke and crawled over Shawn Michaels for the official three and victory.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

It would be nice for once if we didnt get the reviewers insight into every little detail. Its anoying reading a review and the writer tries to stress his points when you disagree with them and just want to find out what happened on the show in question.

Anyway, I like the sound of how the show went. Especially the fact that they are hyping up plenty of matches for next week. And of course the Matt push seems to be continuing. GREAT! :D Just hope he gets a few good matches with Kane soon. I doubt they will wait til Badd Blood to put on a Matt/Kane match and RAWs show next week seems very tied up alreday. I can smell a last man standing match coming! Can anyone else?

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Hunter better stop getting his missus make him those fry ups every morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Hopefully this will set up a Michaels/HHH feud. I know its been done but it'd keep HHH away from the title :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Possible Summer Slam Spoiler
    HHH and Micheals are set to meet in a non title grudge match at Summer Slam in a Hell in a Cell. This will be the end of their 2 year fewd, ending the day that it started 2 years priar.
    Hanza

Originally posted by Hanza
    Possible Summer Slam Spoiler
    HHH and Micheals are set to meet in a non title grudge match at Summer Slam in a Hell in a Cell. This will be the end of their 2 year fewd, ending the day that it started 2 years priar.
    Hanza

I heard it was more than likely gonna be
    the main event at bad blood leaving benoit and HHH main eventing for the title

Ive also had a strange feeling dejavu....ive seen me post this message in the past in my mind. yikes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I love all these rumours... I agree with washout, anything to keep Hunter away from the title, but I personally doubt that its going to happen

*********Bad Blood Spoiler**************
    In a local radio ad in Columbus WWE Bad Blood was advertised as being headlined by Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H. Bad Blood will take place at the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio on June 13. Tickets will go on sale this Saturday at 10 a.m.
    -from Rajah

errr you shouldf have made that spoiler rajah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

For those of you interested, May 10ths RAW looks like its gonna be gud!!
    - Rob Conway vs. Eugene
    - Batista vs. Tajiri
    - HHH vs. Shelton Benjamin
    - Randy Orton (c) vs. Edge for the Intercontinental Title
    - Chris Jericho vs. Christian in a Steel Cage Match

Advertisement