Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring credit

Options
  • 04-05-2004 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

I have an 02 phone that I got a few months back, I'll be receiving €10 free credit from them for nearly another year. However I want to buy a Sagem MyV65 sim-free pack, which includes €60 free credit (I have an old Vodafone sim card). I don't know what to do. Is there any way of transferring credit I have on one network's sim card to the other, i.e. O2 to Vodafone? I'm happy with O2 and don't really want to go back to Vodafone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is there any way of transferring credit I have on one network's sim card to the other, i.e. O2 to Vodafone?

I think you know the answer to that one yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Buy the phone and give/sell the credit to someone else.

That's what I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Is it possible to get the sim card unlocked so I can use the credit on other networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Credits on the network, as it were. If it was on a sim card, it wopuld have been cracked long go, and then we'd have free calls and messages, but then, vodafone and co. would make no money, and we'd have no mobile network. Vodafone credit is their money, they won't be giving it to o2.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by neev
    Is it possible to get the sim card unlocked so I can use the credit on other networks?
    No........I don't even know where to begin with that one. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

You can indeed swap credit. There is a phone company called budget telecom. I can't be bothered looking for the url.

You call a 1550 number, it eats up your credit.
    You can then call a 1800 number from your mobile. It will ask you what number you want to dial and will use your credit. Its only good for call credit but it should suit you. The phone calls are cheaper aswell.

I remember one time about a 2yrs ago late at night, I had about 30p credit and I was texting someone for ages. Thought this is strange so I checked my account and I wasn't getting charged. Then I called budget telecom, topped up my account with €40! That was a good day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Here's the link.

Has a Contact no ,the page only plugs cheap international calls.

http://www.budgettelecom.ie/

Advertisement