Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: I cant get my xbox live started.

Options
  • 04-05-2004 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Gentlemen,

I just got my self an x-box live starter kit, but i cant get it working. Ive got it hooked up to the netopia modem that comes with eircom broadband, and then into the back of the xbox. Ive filled out the form that you give your details in (tag, Address Etc) but when i hit the final 'create account' icon im getting a 'unable to continue due to technical difficulties, please try again later' message.

Does anybody have any sollutions as im really getting a little pissed off at this stage.

Andrew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 pharMinator

Two possible solutions are:
    1) You can troubleshoot your connection from the dashboard - if there are any problems here they should be resolved; or at least identified,

2) You may need to configure your modem to run with Xbox Live. You can do thiis through the Netopia website.

If these don't work, let me know.

Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Micro1

Thanks,
    Ive can register as far as the credit card (amex) but it aint taking my details. Ive done all the utopia site has to sayso iget I gotta wait till i get a new card and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 pharMinator

If your credit card is due for renewal any time soon it won't be accepted - might have something to do with it!?

Failing that there is a customer support number on the packaging - they are quite good, give them a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Micro1

Ive got it working. No problems. Just tried it again and it worked. Wooo ha.

Advertisement