Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POD - vintage online racing game

Options
  • 04-05-2004 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to track down this game for nostalgia purposes. The game was simply called POD, it was a futuristic racing game with online play, and was jolly good if I remember correctly. I guess it is about 6-7 years old. I can't find much about it online, searches for POD keep bringing up feckin star wars games...lol

Does anybody still play this game? Anybody know where I can get it?

Many thanks,

Robbie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

That game was bleedin dodgy. Talk about from back in the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I got it free with a computer back in 1996...I didn't like it much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The game was absolute tripe. The only thing that it had going for it was that it was the first game to have direct3d, 3dfx and mmx support. Like most games from that era it was all washed out coloured lighting and no gameplay.

It should be easy to find on ebay or other sites. It was given away free with almost every new PC when it was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

try googling for Pod gold...
    utter ****e from what i remember, the damn ripped copy i had rarely even worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by robbie1876
    ....jolly good....

Jolly good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Jolly good?
    Did I really use those words?

I distinctly remember having some fantastic online races with this game, but obviously nobody plays it anymore online. I recently ran into a guy who was my biggest online rival, so we said have a few races against each other for old times sake, that's why I'm trying to get it.

Thanks tman for that, I had forgotten about Pod Gold. I've found Pod Gold for sale, so there is a copy on it's way to me! Oh the memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I got it free with a computer back in 1996

Yer as did i but i thought it as quite good.

Absolutely loved the sound of the engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Anyone remember Hi-Octane?

Bullfrog game, rather sweet.

Hover cars and GUNS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Can you post some links to these games? Getting them to run under XP might be a problem. You might find some of them at http://www.the-underdogs.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Anyone remember Hi-Octane?

Bullfrog game, rather sweet.

Hover cars and GUNS.
    aye, that was great fun.
    they slapped it together in a few days using the magic carpet engine iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got high octane free with my first PC. Have to say that I didn't think too much of it. There were far better games at the time. Seemed like a cheap wipeout clone. Bullfrog have made far better games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Hi-Ocataine was class.....

Advertisement