Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Portsmouth V Arsenal (scores)

• 04-05-2004 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

OK I had a funny feeling that Arsenals unbeaten run will come to an end tonight and it might just happen they are 1 nil down thanks to Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont worry Piries will make sure to get felled just outside the area....;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by mike65
    Dont worry Piries will make sure to get felled just outisde the area....;)

Mike.

It too bad he's back in London:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Axel
    It too bad he's back in London:)

Thats it then, they're fecked! :D

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    Thats it then, they're fecked! :D

Mike.

lol

Its the first match Reyes has impressed me (in the Prem) . Bently not really in the game tbh.

1-1 hopefully:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oh and it said on sports news that Wenger would field a weakened side but that didn't happen.

You'l see lads that Pires isn't in the squad for tonight
    Wenger said "Robert has played many, many games and needs a rest''.
    More like he was afraid the fans would kill him!!
    FYI:

ARSENAL
    1. Lehmann
    23. Campbell
    3. Cole
    12. Lauren
    8. Ljungberg
    15. Parlour
    4. Vieira
    28. Toure
    37. Bentley
    14. Henry
    9. Reyes

SUBSTITUTES
    24. Shaaban (GK)
    5. Keown
    25. Kanu
    30. Aliadiere
    22. Clichy

• Advertisement

Get in Reyes!!:)

1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

and here comes the goals

Reyes should have made it 2 there:(

Great skill to make the chance though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

come on portsmouth

1-1 FT

2 Games to go........

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Fair result i thought, both side had good chances.

Bentley looked very talented, but RM is clearly not his position... he reminds me of Beckham, only perhaps with less impressive ball delivery but better pace and trickery.

Reyes took his goal very well, should have done better with his 1 on 1 though.

And irish1 - that is a weakened team. Not massively, but Parlour is still 4th choice midfielder, and Bentley well, i don't know where he ranks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Was great to see Keown coming on in the 90th minute. I thought he had been forgotten about. He needed to appear today, and needs to appear in the last two games to get a champions medal. Fair play to Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I've got 50-1 on leicster beating em :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by robbie1876
    Was great to see Keown coming on in the 90th minute. I thought he had been forgotten about. He needed to appear today, and needs to appear in the last two games to get a champions medal. Fair play to Wenger.
    You musn't have seen the last game against Birmingham. Wenger had made two substitutions AFAIK and Keown was dying to get on the pitch. Wenger told Parlour to warm up and take off his jumper, as he was doing so Keown face started to boil and all the players on the bench broke out in laughter.:D It actually got into injury time and Keown still wasn't on the pitch, he then started telling his team mates to kick the ball out.:p

Was even better to see him playing as a winger in both games, he must have had an awful nosebleed afterwards having spent so much time in the opponents penalty area :p

Originally posted by PHB
    I've got 50-1 on leicster beating em :)
    I find that too hard to believe, where did you get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

You'd think Wenger would just start keown. I mean it's probably his last season at the club if not at any club and they've already won the league. He's not the force he once was but he's not that bad either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I got it a long time ago on arsenals unbeaten run being ended by Leicster :)

Originally posted by NightStrike
    You'd think Wenger would just start keown. I mean it's probably his last season at the club if not at any club
    Redknapp said he is interested in bringing him to Portsmouth.

Kanuuuuuuuu to Portsmouth is also rumoured to be a possibility. He's not exactly pacey like Yakubu and LuaLua though is he? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Scores some cracking goals though.

How bad will they be hit by the Next African cup of nations if they get alot of these players who come from African nations.

Anyway, Kanus cracking goals, No 1, that one he scored from a ridiculous angle v chelsea.

Advertisement