Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corsa 1.6 gsi - Best Place To Find One

Options
  • 04-05-2004 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where the best to place to find one is? Would prefer an Opel, but i understand they are harder to find.

My insurance is up in 4 weeks, so looking at all my options. Have checked buy and sell and a few other rag's, only found 1 actual gsi, with damaged engine, rest are all "gsi thie and gsi that", ie. boy racer, combat body kit, usual crap, prob damaged.

Its strange, i have no problem getting online quotes for a 1.6 gsi corsa, but no way can i find any to quote a 1.4 pug 106 gti ! (online that is, havent gone ringing any1 just yet)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

Originally posted by Wanton
    but no way can i find any to quote a 1.4 pug 106 gti ! (online that is, havent gone ringing any1 just yet)

thats because there is no such car as a 1.4 106 gti !.. they are 1.6 - if you are looking for a gsi .. your best option is to source one in the UK or Northern Ireland where they are ten 'a penny ... as for wanting an opel - you can always remove the vauxhall badges and rebadge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

soz, ment 1.6 gti,

been looking on the net for a gsi in the north, but they all seem to have friggin body kits on em, i want to find one without, althought i am still looking ofc.

only thing worrying me is import tax, not so much now as a few days ago, will w8 and see.

need to get a more secure quote on insurance, just been checking 123.ie atm to get an idea. but dont like the fact u have no idea who is ment to be insuring you until late in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

1.6 gsi OPEL corsa - €3000 ?!

insurance only €2512 second year insurance with quinn. nearly the price of the car, but was expecting something a bit higher considering the 1l corsa is €2064 to insure

Advertisement