Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Norwich Champions

• 04-05-2004 10:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭

We deserved this. 9 years of agony finally put to an end. Even though we lost the result against West Brom did us a favour. Bring on the premiership

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

fair play hope sunderland get up too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Congrats Norwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Well done to Norwich - well deserved this season

Can you send Huckerby back to Forest on your way up - thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'd love to see Palace back in the premiership.

Look at their last 6 results:

Walsall (H): 1-0
    Crewe (A): 3-2
    Sunderland (H): 3-0
    Wigan (H): 1-1
    West Ham (H): 1-0
    Cardiff (A): 2-0
    Rotherdam (A): 2-1

They are now 5th in the table and if they get a draw from Coventry on Sunday they are guaranteed a playoff place. Apparantly Iain Dowey brings the players around to his house if they have the Sunday off but I don't know if thats true.

How does the playoffs work BTW? Is it 3rd-v-6th and 4th-v-5th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Yes 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th

Should be some cracking games in the play-offs this year looks like it between
    Sunderland, West Ham, Palace and Ipswich

If Sunderland and West Ham stay 3rd and 4th that would be a good final

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It just shows the gulf in class between the premiership and division 1. Whenever a team is promoted to the premiership they spend most of the season fighting relegation even though they would usually add a few players to the squad (Leicester, Wolves). Then when a team is relegated they get rid of half the squad and still end up in contention for promotion (Sunderland, WH, WBA). I think the Premier 2 league (as someone mentioned on boards a while bacK) would be the best way to sort this out.

The difference between the conference and division 3 is the complete opposite with newly promoted division 3 teams usually in contention for a promotion place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I never understood how the premiership 2 idea would work. It obviously wouldnt just be renaming div1 to premiershp 2 so could some one explain it quickly or even point me to a thread where it was covered. Thx :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Only one premiership so leave it at that. We're more than capable of staying there next season. And with my season ticket it'll be well worth it

Advertisement