Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you move for someone?

• 05-05-2004 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭

I'm talking give up a lot of things and move to be with someone 'cos you think something really great could happen? I know that's not much detail but just wondering if there's a chance of something really amazing happening with someone would you take it and give up everything to be with them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Yes, if i believed they felt the same way too, and that they would do the same for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

yes i would if i thought there was a chance of a future.. sure if it doesn't work out move home.. it might be best move ever.. good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well it depends on how much you are getting ... and giving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

No.

The initial moving etc will be great, everything will be new and fantastic, and the value of the move will seem far greater than the losses.
    But maybe a year down the line, you'll start to ponder why you did. Maybe whatever happened with this person initially shall start to fade and you will wonder if you did indeed make the right decision.

I say, move if it will make you happy, but dont back yourself into a corner.
    ANd yes, im aware that in not moving you shall also posses another "What if" to ponder, but hey, thats life, a series of mistakes made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I'd go for it. I mean I don't know you but I'm guessing the things you'd be leaving would be job, friends, possibily family.

Well there are other jobs, you'll make new friends and you'll still have your family whereas someone you really like and likes you back doesn't come along every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Life is too short not to take a cahnce at love if it is offered. As the Dalai Lama saud, "always approach love and cooking with reckless abandon". You could run the risk of letting mere logistics get in the way of your heart

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

donno if you’re talking about yourself here Clare, but if you are, finish your education first – ie, have your back covered so that you are an independent person and can take care of yourself.
    This is the only way a move like this could work, being dependant on that person for your happiness will not last if you cannot also be independent from them.
    Otherwise it becomes too much of a strain on both of ye.

When that's done, then you take hedgetrimmer's advice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

For me, I think I'd have to have some sort of a firm basis for the relationship before I'd think about moving for someone. I've a good job and am quite career-minded (though, if I said that to my boss she'd laugh her head off at me!) so I'd be reluctant to let the job and the opportunities it gives me go. That said, I can imagine myself being prepared to move if the love of my life showed up on my doorstep and 5/6 months later had to leave Dublin. I'd probably do the long-distance thing for a few months first (to see how strong the relationship really was) but yeah, after all that, I could see myself moving for someone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

I wouldn't move for someone... I'd move for me

do you want to move? if it did end with the other person with you be disappointed that you moved?

if so I wouldn't go if I where you .... on the other hand .. you want new scenery .. change of life? go for it ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

depends how far really...
    depends how well i knew them
    depends how much it would cost me (college/job/friends all gone?)
    depends on whether i honestly thought it would work. HONESTLY
    depends on if i was in the mood for fun and adventure.
    depends on you really :)

Advertisement