Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damage Control

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Yeah I was thinking the same while I was reading that.
    Unless it's a pre-recorded, heavily scripted, 50 advisors in the background type interview it'll turn into an absolute disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It probably won't make much of a difference either way and we all know that anything that Bush ever does is scripted, pre-rehearsed, etc.

It's funny to see Donald Rumsfeld referring to 'un-American" conduct. It brings to mind the anti-communist show trials of the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

there is 0 chance that bush would actually give a real "interview" to the arabic media...

he is stupid, ignorant and can't even find iraq on a map...

the arabic media would tear him to shreds if he were to take part in a live interview

simply because most of the ARABIC journalists probably have a better grasp of the english language than "i want to put food on your family" Dubya.

edit : interstingly, I just noticed that the interview is going to be to the US sponsered "Al-hurra" network, and the AL-Arabia network..
    dunno much about Al-Arabia, but a US spondered Arabic network? you gotta be kidding me right, is this going to be anything more than a propaganda tool? Fox news in arabic? lol

I guess there is no chance of bush being interviewed by real journalists eg AL-Jazeera.

lets hope the Al-Arabia network is decent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

I wouldn't be holding out much for this. It might be useful if he comes across as sincere and to the point. Most Arabic countries wouldn't normally admit to such things so it might be a new thing for the watchers.
    real journalists eg AL-Jazeera.

ha ha ha
    Thanks for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Originally posted by vorbis
    ha ha ha
    Thanks for the laugh. [/B]

okay vorbis

enough ignorant statements...

there was a thread debating Al Jazeera, and their reliability, there was not ONE post pointing out any reason why Al Jazeera aren't trusth worthy. Hell even the BBC use Al Jazeera as a source for many of their articles.

I don't recall you ever ONCE posting in that thread, or managing to show why al jazeera isn't reliable.

so really if this is what you claim, start up a thread and lets see it...

I don't want to discuss this here because otherwise this thread would be closed...

in fact just for you I'll start a new thread on Al jazeera... lets see you prove it to be as unworthy as you claim...

• Advertisement
Advertisement