Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could this be FFVII-2?

Options
  • 05-05-2004 10:54am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭

have a read of this article
    http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2004/050304a.html

It mentions that Square-Enix will reveal a mobile phone game called Beyond Crisis - Final Fantasy VII at E3. So far thats all the info on the game. This might mean I'll have to shell out for a new mobile phone - probably the most boring piece of hardware I can imagine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm not sure I really want a new FFVII game as, given Square's recent form, I don't think it could possibly live up to the original. Aside from the merely average Kingdom Hearts, everything they've done on the current generation of consoles has left me cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

MOTHRA FUDGING SQUENIX!!!! God damn it when are they going to realise we dont want a bloody animated movie of FFVII, we dont want a stupid poxy mobile phone version of FFVII, we want (or at least, i want) A NEXT GEN REMAKE OF FFVII!!! Argh!!
    BAN THIS SICK FILTH!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

interesting on that site is another expansion for FF XI, won't be out til october though which gives me plenty of time to get into the actual FF XI

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm just hoping they don't repeat their mistakes with FFX-2. That was the worst RPG I've played since Legend of Dragoon.
    we want (or at least, i want) A NEXT GEN REMAKE OF FFVII!!! Argh!!

Here, here!
    I think they should leave FFVII alone. I liked the open ended ending. It kept you thinking and still has me wondering what happened at the end. Also any sequel to FFVII throws my interpretation of the ending straight out the window. What I'd really want is a remake of FFVII with better graphics and a translation job that doesn't need a dictionary for englanese.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i remember reading somewhere that Square don't want to do a remake of FFVII cause if they ****ed it up, they would never, ever, EVER be forgiven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I don't think they should remake it, it would be incredibly hard to improve on, if they left it the same with new graphics people would whinge about that, and its far too big a game to do something like the RE remake on the gamecube. However i would be very happy to see a sequel, obviuosly set before the very last scene in the ending......As long as they dont make me hate the characters as much as i did in FFX-2.

If there is a remake would love if there was a mini game that let you be the turks, they rocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Am I the only one who thinks the game is good enough as is then? I don't want a remake, and I don't want a sequel. Not for any of the reasons stated so far really. An update is a pointless cash in (and I'm a sucker, so i'd buy in) and a sequel isn't nessecary, the story was good enough as is (even including its failings, and yes, it did have its failings).

I wouldn't however mind a game based around Vincent and his struggle with his inner/outer demons and that kinda thing. He was an interesting character and I would love to see him fleshed out. The upcoming movie may however do this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

www.rpgamer.com have said that it isn't a sequel but a prequel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Erm, it's a mobile game about the Turks, and a prequel. Not a remake, not a sequel. I don't think it's anything to get excited about either way, really. Good chance it'll never reach these shores at any rate.
    Linky.

Advertisement