Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folder views question

Options
  • 05-05-2004 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Hi, im trying to get a seperate folder view in a folder , if you get me! I have Win Xp home edition. Basically i have a folder, called C:\Music and i want the default view to be "thumbnails" in it. The problem is i want all other folders to be "details" view. Is there any way of doing this? I currently have all folders set to "details" and when i change a folder in C:\music to "thumbnails" it will be reverted to "details" the next time i go into it. I have the "remember current folder view" ticked also.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Simple.

1. Open up windows explorer. Change the view to details (doesnt matter which folder youre in). Go to Tools > Folder Options and then the View tab.
    In the Advanced Settings box check the "Remember each folders view settings" check box. Now hit "Apply to all folders" at the top of this tab.

2. Now navigate to your C:\Music folder and change the view to thumbnails.

From now on all your folders should be in details view except C:\Music which will be in thumbnails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Thanks but that doesnt work, i already tried exactly that, but each time i go back to music, the view is details again, and i do have remember each folders settings enabled :/

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Very strange.:confused:

It works for me no problem.

This is my configuration for the "Advanced Settings", maybe if you change your settings to match mine it might work for you. :)

top.jpg
    Bottom
    bottom.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

:( thanks for the help, i tried that too but it wont work...oh well.

Advertisement