Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

May Theme - A Last Journey

• 05-05-2004 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

The trees rustle gently as the warm breeze stirs the dry leaves. The scent of spices and desert sand assails me as I stand here in the sun. The light penetrates my lidded eyes, my face turned toward the life giving sun. The red granite feels smooth to my touch as I drink in the very spirit of the place. Time melts away. I feel the ground beneath my feet where countless have stood before me to marvel here. The souls of poets and priests move through me as I am drunk with awe in this place.

I tremble as I let my finger tips caress those names, the royal names, the names of eternity. Shelley had stood here as I do. He wrought a frame in words for this majesty. He understood the timelessness of the place, as I do now. I am thankful that I grasp it at last. Thankful that I can feel the past, the present and the future converge here at this spot before the feet of the King of Kings.

I am thankful to have been here once in time so that I can be here evermore out of time.

As my time is nigh, I listen not for the bells or the dirges, I will listen for the desert wind and the echoes of glory as I will stand forever where Ramses the Great conquered time at last. As I am released finally from time itself, I will take the key of life from Shelley and join the ancients, the eternals in the west, in the Ramesseum.

LD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

That's very heavy handed, do you not think?
    I know getting only negative (although only slightly negative) feedback must be fairly crappy. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

I don't mind any feedback at all, however I must ask what you mean bu heavy handed?

LD

Advertisement