Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dream Match

• 05-05-2004 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭

Just to lighten up the day i think we should a nice little debate.

What would be your dream match and a further point who is the greatest'technical'wrestler of all time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Dream Matches:

Bret Hart V Kurt Angle
    Curry Man V Chris Daniels
    Colibri V Rey Mysterio
    Matt Hardy V Jeff Hardy in a ladder match for the Worlds title
    John Zandig V Mick Foley in a Hell in the Cell
    Ric Flair V Chris Benoit

Best technical wrestler of all time, hands down Ric Flair. Benoit is a close second, but now that Ive been training for a career in wrestling, its come to my notice that Ric Flairs skill and execution is second to none.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Dream Matches

1.Angle versus Bret Hart
    2.Paul london versus Mysterio
    3.Jericho versus Daniels
    4.Matt Hardy versus spanky
    5.Flair versus Benoit
    6.Low Ki versus Rvd
    7.Aj styles versus Eddie Guerro

hanza who would win between the curry man and christopher daniels:D
    (i reckon daniels would be the winner all round there)

Same question could be applied to Rey Mysterio and Colibri.

And for those of you who dont get whats going on. Rey Mysterio first wrestled under the name Colibri, so it would be Rey V Rey for all intensive purposes.

Curry man is Chris Daniels japanese counter part, so again like Colibri and Rey, it would be the Fallen Angel V the Fallen Angel.

;)

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Just so long as it got decent length and promotion, (and one of the guys involved was still an active wrestler!), Taz versus Chris Benoit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Matt Hardy vs Chris Jericho (I really hope these two go at it for the world title some day, that would be my ultimate dream match)
    Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle
    Bret Hart vs Eddie Guerrero
    Bret Hart vs Chris Benoit
    Kurt Angle vs Ric Flair (back in the day)
    Paul London vs Spanky
    Rey Mysterio vs Ultimo Dragon (if Dragon could regain his previous form)
    Undertaker (or Kane) vs Shannon Moore (I was just thinking how great Shannon is as the underdog, and if he were to fight against Taker or Kane, I'd say it could be quite emotional to watch)

Best technical wrestler for me would have to be one of Benoit, Hart, Angle or Flair. I think I'd go for Flair, maybe with Bret coming second.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Rock vs Austin
    Haha, just kidding.....

Angle vs HBK: Ironman or Last Man Standing
    Jake Roberts vs Eddie Guerrero: Ladder Match
    Cactus Jack vs Shane O' Mac: Hardcore Mick foley style

Best technical wrestler between, Benoit, Bret or Malenko, I'd go for Benoit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Fallen Angel CD Vs Jeff Hardy Vs AJ Styles- 3 way ladder match

HBK Vs Brett Hart - last man standing.

Eddie G Vs RVD - Battle of the frog splashs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭largerthanlife

michaels vs guerrero ladder match
    michaels vs angle ladder match late 2000
    michaels vs hhh 2000
    edge vs hhh cage match
    mysterio vs eddie guerrero 1 more time brother!!!
    benoit vs edge vs hhh vs michaels world heavyweight title
    michaels vs bret hart payback!!!!
    owen hart(if he was still alive)vs angle or benoit

austin vs lesnar
    goldberg vs austin in japan will happen soon but in wwe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

How could Undertaker v Shannon Moore be someone's DREAM match??

I'd love to see Bret Hart in his prime against Benoit, Angle and Triple H (all singles matches) I'd also loved to have seen the Hart/Michaels ladder match at the time when it was proposed for Rumble 98.

Best technical wrestler? Choose someone from Hart, Benoit and Angle.

as for best technical wrestler benoit, good wrestler but not mad on him.

• Advertisement

as for ALL TIME BEST TECHNICAL WRESTLER, FLAIR hands down!!!!!! woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Originally posted by Exit
    How could Undertaker v Shannon Moore be someone's DREAM match??

Haha, I know, seems strange. But I've spoken before about how I feel about the emotion in a match. I think this might just apply to me personally, but the most evil and sinister wrestler I can think of is Undertaker from around 1998. Shannon Moore is someone who I've always liked, and I feel a real connection with him in his matches, which makes him the perfect underdog for me. To have him go up against someone that nobody could think he would beat, and for him to do that (or at least try), that would be a very emotional match for me I believe.

Don't think that I went for it because of the technical skill on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

benoit vs bob buclan
    flair vs benoith
    angle vs breth hart
    goldberg vs a shotgun (shotgun wins)
    victiria vs sable vs torey vs leta vs stacey vs ms jackeyvs me all naked and in my bed

Originally posted by a-hole
    victiria vs sable vs torey vs leta vs stacey vs ms jackeyvs me all naked and in my bed
    LOL @ spelling :D

What about Trish? Has everyone forgotten about her?

Hanza

A-hole, I wish I had a bed as big as yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

its not the sise that matters its what u do with it that counts (im talking about beds)

Yeah, its not the size of the hammer, its the nail you are throwing it at.

:D

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Elimination Chamber:Ric Flair v H.H.H v Scott Hall v The Undertaker v Shawn Micheals v Ricky Steamboat

Hardcore:Mick Foley v Sabu v Terry Funk v The Sandman v Tommy Dreamer v Raven (ECW Rules)

Jeff Hardy v Shane McMahon v RVD TLC

Low Ki and Christoper Daniels v Rey Mysterio and Ultimo Dragon (I feel he's got alot more to offer)

Kurt Angle v Bret Hart v Tazz v Mr. Perfect (Submission match)

Battle Royal featuring 10 midgets, Yokozuna, The Goon, The Goobledy Gooker and all other stupid gimmicks...Yokozuna wasn't stupid but I'd like to see him banzai drop on top of a midget :)

I'm tired and I'm sure if I took the time could come up with alot better

How is it possible to have a 4 man submission match?

Bet that would keep the wrestlers minds on end.

Hanza

First to gain a submission wins?

• Advertisement

Obviously,
    But lagistically it wouldnt work...

Hanza

Course it could. It'd be a cluster**** (like most of the matches listed there) but it could work.

No! It wouldnt!

In a submission match the falls will obviously have to count in the ring, no wrestler will tap out on the outside, its to do with Kayfabe. Anyway, I cannot imagine the wrestlers even wanting to do that match. Its way too unrealistic and they wouldnt agree to do it! Trust me!

Hanza

Hanza, I kind of agree with you. However, imagine a situation where Tazz has Perfect in the Tazzmission, while Bret also has Kurt in the sharpshooter, both in the ring, after a long match, so the crowd are certain that this is the finish.
    Neither Tazz nor Bret wants to break up the other submission, as they are both confident that their respective victim will tap first.

That would be cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I was thinking more alont the lines of Tazz lockin in the Tazzmission on Perfect, Perfect struggling to get him off then whils't still in the Tazzmission giving him a Perfect Plex....then Hart going to Tazz legs and locking in the sharpshooter...but I was also pretty tired when I posted that I was just in from work so it wouldn't be very logical anyways..good call on your part

Advertisement