Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it easy to switch services

• 05-05-2004 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭

I have eircom broadband and want to switch to utv clicksilver to save money and have no up load cap.
    The 12 month period since eircom broadband was installed here is up.

I've just got off the phone from UTV and they say I must cancel with Eircom first and then apply for click silver which will take ten working days.

I thought comreg had ordered eircom to facilitate a faster switch over with a maximum of a weeks down time.
    The utv help line knew nothing of this.

What *is* involved and shouldn't UTV be cancelling the eircom service for me as part of my migration to them?

Maybe I was onto the wrong people, it was their tech support line I called, an 1890 number.

Has anyone done this sucessfully? and who do I actually contact.
    I will be changing the phone bill over to them as well of course.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its the changing over to UTV telephony that will take most of the time, eircom are notoriously slow at releasing customers to other telephony providers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,882 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I could be wrong on this but I think there's various charges involved too... you might wanna do a search on the Ireland offline forum here as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

Eircom do offer the service to other wholesale operators, with no downtime. It's published on their website. UTV are wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ceepee

ComReg have recently agreed procedures in conjunction with industry for transferring from one ADSL service provider to another. You should find it quite straightforward and you would initiate it through the gaining service provider.

This week we completed the very first few transfers under this facility - of course we were the gaining provider so I'm not sure what the process looked like on the other side :-)

Colm
    Digiweb

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by ceepee
    ComReg have recently agreed procedures in conjunction with industry for transferring from one ADSL service provider to another. You should find it quite straightforward and you would initiate it through the gaining service provider.

This week we completed the very first few transfers under this facility - of course we were the gaining provider so I'm not sure what the process looked like on the other side :-)

Colm
    Digiweb

That is great news Colm, I should be sending a few more disgruntled NS and Eircom users your way soon.

What if any donwtime does if involve?

BTW what do you charge for people who setup with you, is it still e89?

• Advertisement
Advertisement