Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

online sealed deck

• 05-05-2004 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

i'm looking for an opponent to play me in an online MWS sealed deck game tonight at around 9pm. The format will be MR MR MR DS DS. It'd be great if i got more than one other person to play, the more the merrier :) I'll be in #magic.ie on quakenet, my msn is kenbar100(at)hotmail(dot)com.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I would have loved to have played but unfortunately I fell asleep.

Do you mean draft or sealed deck?

I know apprentice has a sealed deck ability built in, but I thought it was a max of two players. I'd be intrigued as to how MWS manages more than two players. Also thats kind of an insane card pool to play from. Too many cards me thinks.

Anyway, if your interested in playing tomorrow (Friday) at 9pm then I'm interested but I'd prefer to use apprentice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

it was sealed deck, i dunno how drafts would work online. It went pretty well, kinda hard to make the decks, well it was in the way i was doing it, im sure theres a better method. MatthewVII got the boosters from limited heaven with a glissa, vulshok morningstar, spikeshot goblin, oxidda golem and more darksteel brutes than you could shake a stick at.

The way we managed 3 players was that we got one player to generate 3 sealed decks. Then one of the other players chose randomly from 1-3 and got that deck. Then the other player chose another and the person who generates them takes the one left, to ensure that they dont choose the one that looked best to them as they were generating them. Then the generator sends the dekcs to the other players and everyone has 45 minutes to make their deck.

I prefer using MWS because in the lists of cards it shows colour and cost which makes deck construction easier. WE can easily transfer the decks to apprentice though if you wish.

Originally posted by Ivan
    Anyway, if your interested in playing tomorrow (Friday) at 9pm then I'm interested but I'd prefer to use apprentice.

hrmm friday isn't ideal because MatthewVII has karate class..... That'd leave us with one less competitor. We could still go ahead tho, hopefully sephirosis and/or Funky will be able to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

MatthewVII got the boosters from limited heaven with a glissa, vulshok morningstar, spikeshot goblin, oxidda golem and more darksteel brutes than you could shake a stick at

i would just say sionnach that people who read the cards tend to do better than those who dont. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well I should be around looking for a game this evening (friday) at 9pm if anyones interested.

There is a great program called netdraft which allows you to play drafts with X up to a max of 8 players. Each player connects to a server which randomly dishes out the boosters to each player who then pick a card and pass on the booster. This keeps going till each player has 45 cards. Then you make a deck in netdraft which saves it as an apprentice .dec file. It also saves a security code which apprentice recognises and announces at the start of each game. This ensures that each player is playing with the deck they drafted.

Really good fun and rather good practice for drafts.

I recommend it to everyone. Should be on that thread about Magic Online.

Talk to ye's tomorrow (err.... later today)

• Advertisement

cool, i'll check it out, hopefully it allows you to set what port you connect on :s

yesssss the host can set the port. Perfect :) I'm in. Perhaps we can make a sticky every week "signup for friday's draft"

I think we should change the night though. Friday night is usually kinda busy for us young people :) perhaps sunday night at 9?

Advertisement